ATX in Silverstone's ITX RVZ 03- ***full water and dual 240's ??

Soldato
OP
holy moly, this makes my planned Node 202 mod positively spacious!

haha, what you planning on doing to it ?

I;ll try and redo these shots with Hi Res ones at lunch but taken this morning when I reattached the AIO... and OH.... temps were 50c.. hit 90c... silly sod forgot to connect the pump header! will have to take of the panel at lunchtime and redo! I think theres a small air pocket in the loop but will sort that out later .

def think i've damaged the PCIe ribbon and thats causing issues

as for fans, because I forgot to install the pump header, they were spinning at 1350rpm (1500rpm is max) and were pretty silent and could feel the airflow. When it did hit 1500rpm I could hear it, but that was with the Top panel off .
GPU idle temp was also lower ! good news . Looks like the trick of High Positive pressure and modding the venting works .

if @Phanteks_Care would kindly like to donate a GPU block, should see if that can be watercooled and another 240 rad!

As predicted , 2-4mm of clearance with the SFX PSU
4HC4anm.jpg
^^^ if you look carefully you'll see the fan screw touching the casing ... then look to the right and you'll see the panel is just pushed 1-.5mm away from the chassis . These are counter sunk UNC 32-6 but fan frame's hole isn't drilled for counter sunk screws. Another small thing to add to snag list

Moving towards the back of the case. Can see that 45% of the second fan is side-by-side with the PSU.
Least with this AIO/CLC - VRM are getting Direct airflow haha
3EebJWX.jpg

iFXYhry.jpg

standard 90 Compression fittings were almost touching the Mobo I/O Cover (11/8mm), so these low profile easily allow more clearance/airflow
KEt7CLw.jpg

@tamzzy might be able to state the height clearance from the Pump-block to the fan as its 3 hex worth of gap...
FJKtb3x.jpg

also really really need to sort out the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG USB 3 front port cables. WHY oh WHY did Silverstone use generic set from ATX/mATX case :(

Last edited:
Soldato
haha, what you planning on doing to it ?
Full stainless steel or chrome-plated copper hardline loop to match Watercool's Heatkiller blocks. Big trick though is flipping the CPU over so you can actually see the block, which instantly means it has to be single-slot width and give enough space underneath to allow the TX240 rad to breathe.

I have the case, I have a couple of prototype inverted GPU mounts printed, but I have no funds to buy the hardware and no reputation to even consider asking for sponsorship. The spec I have in mind isn't even that mental either :(

Soldato
OP
Full stainless steel or chrome-plated copper hardline loop to match Watercool's Heatkiller blocks. Big trick though is flipping the CPU over so you can actually see the block, which instantly means it has to be single-slot width and give enough space underneath to allow the TX240 rad to breathe.

I have the case, I have a couple of prototype inverted GPU mounts printed, but I have no funds to buy the hardware and no reputation to even consider asking for sponsorship. The spec I have in mind isn't even that mental either :(

dont be afraid to send out emails and ask . Specially if your handy with 3D work and can show mock up. Plus is NOT been done before . Go through there social media sites, facebook and then company website and hit all email address you can find . Plus you have other projects you've done if i recall etc .

TX rads are brill!!!

http://thermalbench.com/2018/09/25/xspc-tx480-ultrathin-radiator/

^^^480 version but against all others does so well 8000-1500rpm . Alphacools 30mm ST is only other low profile or standard small Profile that matches or beats it but thats a full 9.5mm thicker and channels are a bit wider etc

Watercool, aquacomputer and alphacool are very close together . Worth dropping aqua*****g an email for sponsorship for other water parts might need etc

******mmmm connected the pump but not working- unless in my haste i've got the pin alignment wrong...

Soldato
Watercool offered me a 10% discount on their shop because I have no track record to support anything bigger, but I've not spoken to anybody else primarily because Asteria II isn't even finished yet, and I'm paranoid that spending over 3 years to do my first project would actually be seen as a negative. Plus I don't have the big social media presence yet either, blah blah blah.

Anyway, enough moaning about my stuff!

Soldato
OP
Watercool offered me a 10% discount on their shop because I have no track record to support anything bigger, but I've not spoken to anybody else primarily because Asteria II isn't even finished yet, and I'm paranoid that spending over 3 years to do my first project would actually be seen as a negative. Plus I don't have the big social media presence yet either, blah blah blah.

Anyway, enough moaning about my stuff!

if its polished to a high standard then its priceless with time :)

easier as well to ask for the less hardcore stuff - though not sure what gear you'd be after . Little fact- reviewers are really bad at handing stuff back or vendors chasing up on items they have given out, specially at lower value and just ends up sitting on desk in the background of a video. what a waste!

Personally, how the time sponsored projects are useless as 99% of us cant even copy it . I can see why Community/marketing managers do sponsor £3k plus projects just to generate views =/ "

Was straight with silverstone in saying extra kid is coming so it'll take time , and reason why i'm doing it along with the benefit of if its works they can and should adapt it. Node 202 and Silverstone ITX cases should now have both ITX Mobo and GPU showing their face with either option for vented side panel or glass. Rivals are doing it via batch builds and charging triple the price ! 202 or RVZ03 are a fraction of the price with better global distribution etc - but thats my rant .

if you haven't dropped them an email for 202 case, then do it! nothing to lose ! push the idea. hammer home benefit of its never been done before and they could replicate it to attack rivals.
I know Silverstone EU are close with ASUS EU , thought about RVZ02 ?
https://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/products/index.php?model=RVZ02&area=en&top=S

and my modding skills are naff :D nothing quite like high res images with masking tape still on! or kids toys rammed into a custom £300 Parvum case pmsl

Soldato
I've had the Node 202 sat starring at me for almost 2 years, and last year I did have a 1070 sat waiting to have its DVI connector ripping off :p but had to sell it on because of money. Kit wise I'm not looking at anything mental. It was a B450 board with 2600 and a decent 1080p gaming card that is either single slot or could be modded as such. Since July, I really want it to be a 3600 and 5700 (doesn't even need to be the XT).

There are a few hardline Node 202 builds out there, but all of them work around the confines of the case. I'm gonna chop mine up (and watch structural rigidity fall off a cliff when I replace the aluminium lid plate with smoked acrylic :p ).

I'm trying desperately hard to get some time and energy to tidy up the "workshop" and crack on with Asteria II. Most of the 3D printing is done, I'm all ready to solder the custom PCBs and lighting rings, hopefully getting some scruffy aluminium work recut and folded and then strip down and paint. I'm agonisingly close but life and health keep getting in the way.

Maybe I can go on the beg hunt for kit in the New Year, especially now Watercool have released their Navi blocks (and the project must be Watercool Heatkiller blocks because of the aesthetic). And if i get no joy, I'm almost finished the design work for a purely aesthetic project giving some ancient Socket 478 and AGP hardware a contemporary facelift to get some practice in.

Soldato
Maybe. I got something new in for Asteria II so I have my old Silverstone ST45SF-G V2 450W Gold, but that's Christ knows how old now and was earmarked for Asteria Reprise (another 75% planned and drawn project :D ). So more than likely I'd a new PSU for the Node project as it'll be all-new kit.

Soldato
OP
Maybe. I got something new in for Asteria II so I have my old Silverstone ST45SF-G V2 450W Gold, but that's Christ knows how old now and was earmarked for Asteria Reprise (another 75% planned and drawn project :D ). So more than likely I'd a new PSU for the Node project as it'll be all-new kit.

Drop silverstone an email - RVZ02 and SFX ;)

You'd prob find it might be easier to work with :D 5mm taller

Soldato
OP
Heart's set on the 202 ;) The project name is even based on it..."Dioxidane".

:D

Just wish there was 280 TX version :(

@Plec @tamzzy been getting so many crashes. Finally saw a B2 error code , which is linked to GPU - riser cables seems to be issue people have had so as I thought, need a new one !

Also.. 1 stick of 8 Pack 4000hz ram isn't working . Wil have to double check slot and sticks. Hoping it's the ram...

AIO is working . 25c idle and fans at 1300rpm and silent :)

Soldato
OP
so I reseated the ram and its working fine! good....
Managed to shoehorn in my phone in front facing modo to try and find the Fault LED codes.

Powered this morning, went past splash screen, got to windows log in and reset to black screen. Restarted and black screen no bios splash, restarted once more and got past splash screen but black screened before windows log in .

this appeared in all cases along with error code for Storage
2c1PNyj.jpg

CPU/MOBO
-------------
VGA / RAM <<<< so its got to be the Riser. and will take some snaps on were i think the damage is

Soldato
OP
so... im thinking , go broke or nothing...

Full water cooled set up! Slap 19mm Phanteks GPU block on the Aorus along with another XSPC 240 slim rad .

Now, I believe I have 60mm from PCB face to the face of the side panel - Phanteks state their block is 19mm so round to 23mm to give some head room + 20.5mm XSPC TX240 + 15mm = 1.5mm clearance WORST CASE , best case would be 5.5mm

Work PC has been upgraded to Win10 so lost off of my software till it is reinstalled so snapshots...

SsccoU3.jpg

Kry0Agm.jpg

uBy1tPT.jpg

e4JH8f3.jpg

Pull EkWB Strix model which is 22.5 thick . waiting for new PCIe cables and then can measure clearance accurately

@Robbie_G seen Phanteks blocks on sale for £109... think it can go £100 ? :D

Soldato
OP
@Plec @tamzzy after waiting 3 weeks! longer cooler Master Cable has arrived and can confirm old one was damaged !

Managed to do some testing with stock CPU speeds and overclocked to 4ghz all cores (running non X 2700). Aorus Xtreme 2080 running at default speeds without overclocking as well.

Max temp reached was 75c when stress testing with the GPU, which is quite surprising. was expecting it to be higher and 2700 was 65c with overclock running Cinebench r20 .
Gaming wise, 45c for CPU . Amazed at how well thin rad and fans hold up.

5yOoTnT.jpg

mjUxVov.jpg

tSvryYc.jpg

What i have noticed with heat is the back of the case.
Hstk61J.jpg

Extremely hot ! metal is quite warm to touch. Postive pressure is forcing most of the air out here rather then the top . Gaps in the sides also venting out the hot air !

Now easily solution is to flip the case so GPU is at the top , as there is room for fan underneath/ontop of the GPU ....
Or to go FULL WATER!

@LuckyBenski might have to draw up rough CAD drawing of a Side panel to be cut .... seen some 'take of hinges' to allow sid epanel to act like a door as well as offer 240 Rad mounting with 280 rad holes for larger vent area and filters .

Rough idea.

NBHtmty.jpg.png

Slight taller to inside of current panel fitting within with top and bottom Panels, it would would side flush on the lower step.
5r36YUH.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/18xdmyv

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/18xdmyv"><a href="//imgur.com/18xdmyv"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Soldato
@Plec @tamzzy after waiting 3 weeks! longer cooler Master Cable has arrived and can confirm old one was damaged !

Managed to do some testing with stock CPU speeds and overclocked to 4ghz all cores (running non X 2700). Aorus Xtreme 2080 running at default speeds without overclocking as well.

Max temp reached was 75c when stress testing with the GPU, which is quite surprising. was expecting it to be higher and 2700 was 65c with overclock running Cinebench r20 .
Gaming wise, 45c for CPU . Amazed at how well thin rad and fans hold up.

<snip>

Or to go FULL WATER!
Hey Orbi

Sorry, been very busy catching up, plus this Xmas thing keeps cropping up and getting in the way of work/plans.

Glad to read you finally got things stable - I would assess how your original/adapted concept pans out and adjust to full water if you feel it's necessary. Purely from the financial aspect i.e. the primary reasons you began 'project square peg, round hole' in the beginning.

As an a side - have a great Xmas and a fantastic New Year everyone in particular: @orbitalwalsh, @tamzzy, @Danny75, @pastymuncher, @ExRayTed and @lee32uk (and any other regulars i've missed on the New to PC Forum).

Ah, and not forgetting the dry humoured Finnish contingent - Merry Xmas @EsaT

Let the hangovers commence - get your banana bags at the ready @tamzzy... :s

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom