ATX in Silverstone's ITX RVZ 03- ***full water and dual 240's ??

Soldato
OP
@Plec @tamzzy cheeky gits

right, a bit of a tease! dusted off the DSLR and tried to remember how to use it half decently

E0WcQL3.jpg

see with measurements silverstone tek listed and what i though the fascia sizing was , is a little bit off

U7OYS2t.jpg

Tried the cabling of the SFX unit, which is just incredible to hold . Sticks out about 18mm once plugged in to the unit

05NYUaM.jpg

currently sat on my desk ..

FugYB1M.jpg

I could reuse the PSU bracket and rotate 90 as planned , with hole cut in chassis but... its too tall and wouldn't allow a 240mm AIO. and this is all about packing the most you can get in !

1eQ2tyi.jpg

Case and PSU snaps uploaded <<<<<< click link

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Operation: Square Peg, Round Hole (Determined to get this to stick :D)

So, did you get chance to scare yourself silly with the cutting disc?

Tomorrow hopefully . Torn, I think if mounting 90 degrees and cutting chassis , extra 20mm of cable plug almost makes it the same length as the SFX long wise with exhaust facing the top..

Soldato
OP
CAD Render.... @Plec @tamzzy

playing around with CAD in work. Model isn't mine! but based on RVZ01 so need to tweak a bit , and then importing from Solidwork to DWG file was a bit of a hit and miss

oryA1iC.jpg

More added. Realised I made PSU wrong, so in goes proper Silverstone SFX unit .
Quickly imported a basic intel ATX board, 24 pin is higher in the model then current Z370/90 and X470/570 boards

aFt7ObO.jpg

ocIQAcQ.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looking good.

How will you be securing the PSU?

The kettle lead looks like it may get blocked by 24 pin socket/lead - or is that not an issue with the X470?

Aorus 7 and z390/x570 boards have their 24 pin much higher up- half way in height betwene top and bottom of Dimm slots. Model used has it as the bottom .

will try rotating it 90 to see how it pans out . Managed to find an Aorus model but you've got to pay to import sketch up files to DWG :( So slapped in a RTX FE card . seems theres plenty of room for Triple slot GPUs and ribbon pcie cabling

Soldato
OP
right @Plec @tamzzy

Dual Slot GPU and thin 240mm radiator and Silverstone 15mm fans Placement

OhBeg2w.jpg

fzXpbhw.jpg

Used XSPC 20.5mm slim rad - silverstone TD02-Slim is 22mm * didn't have any in stock for sponsorship and they are expensive and rare *
https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=597&bno=40&tb=21&area=en

qumEM31.jpg

Because i know @Plec loves RGB - might have to get these !! But again, low stock!
https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=829&bno=56&tb=101&area=en

HR36BL0.jpg

will have to sort out shading/rendering but work computer crashes if quality is set any higher . But placed 240 quite high up - doe this to keep ports to the edges, keep VRM cool and then avoid SFX as much as possible . all depends if i go Plexi cover or not

hsO0qHg.jpg

lmf7WEy.jpg

its tight !

HkKrH2P.jpg

Soldato
dremel 4000 !!! start cutting tomorrow. need to upload more pics of 3D space
Yay!!!

Good luck, bud!

will try rotating it 90 to see how it pans out
Would this help with cable management - and possibly help cables to reach? The overhang of the protruding case flipped 90° may work out the same distance, once you take into account the attached cables when orientated in your original position - even allowing for extra width when flipped (if that makes sense).

Because i know @Plec loves RGB - might have to get these !! But again, low stock!
https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=829&bno=56&tb=101&area=en
Obviously, i'll be devastated but the build design must take precedence. :p

will have to sort out shading/rendering but work computer crashes if quality is set any higher . But placed 240 quite high up - doe this to keep ports to the edges, keep VRM cool and then avoid SFX as much as possible . all depends if i go Plexi cover or not
lmf7WEy.jpg

its tight !
The solution/component use looks sleek and the reasoning behind it reads and presents really well. From diagrams looks tight - but possible (the PSU and adapted front panel i'm still a bit fuzzy on - but I'm sure this will sort itself out when you're fully hands on.)

How will you strengthen the panel to support GPU and RAD if not using the Plexi glass?

Soldato
OP
Yay!!!

How will you strengthen the panel to support GPU and RAD if not using the Plexi glass?

i Have this in the Dynamic currently

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £53.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

120mm , case height is 105mm so some will need to be trimmed off . most likely the 7 notches that slot into a case as extra support​

3ivse8l.jpg

will measure but might by some fluke off chance be the same height as the Stock bracket- means i could bolt it on . Since Case be be standing tall, I dont have to worry about gravity pulling it towards the motherboard .

I could also trim the width of the Vertical mount and bolt it in a few places to the back of the case Vent where the GPUs heat is exhaust out the back

Last edited:
Soldato
will measure but might by some fluke off chance be the same height as the Stock bracket- means i could bolt it on . Since Case be be standing tall, I dont have to worry about gravity pulling it towards the motherboard .

I could also trim the width of the Vertical mount and bolt it in a few places to the back of the case Vent where the GPUs heat is exhaust out the back
Sounds like a plan!

Looks like you're going to get your monies worth from your new Dremel.

That camera angle makes it look like the 2080 Xtreme has had a stroke. Gives the appearance that the fan fascia is sliding down the front of the card.

Soldato
28/08/19 - GPU placement

Pondering on ideas of how i can hold the GPU in place as well as being flipped so fans are on show... then realised in the current ATX I have used Cooler Masters Vertical GPU mount and its almost perfect

lf9Ve7X.jpg

it measures in at 120mm vs cases 105mm so come trimming will be needed . Can mount to top mounting whole that held original GPU bracket and then via the grill vent at the bottom .

UqQHOYh.jpg

BFxGSs0.jpg

DiFPSWM.jpg

Yep- Power cord need to be moved or some fancy cutting

as a note, case will always be in vertical position, so not to fussed with sag onto the mobo
Progress - and a tidy and potentially sturdy solution. Nice.

From pics seems manageable with the right cutting tool/materials - may be tricky in parts(?) - but i'm sat in a chair looking at pics so may be visualising things incorrectly. You may need an assortment of bits for your new Dremel - it's certainly going get a workout.

How will you bridge the gap of the GPU riser/support bracket to that of the case's - where it affixes to the back bracket panel? In the 'immediate' above shot there's a gap of ~5mm - but to fix securely you'll need another ~10mm-15mm added to bracket? Or is this not an issue - and is exaggerated in pics?

The clearance to the motherboard has worked out great - but then you had already calculated for that with your initial calcs/drawings - kudos!

*Can't help but notice that these seem like phone pics - DSLR!!! :p

**And please tell me those are PJ bottoms!

Soldato
OP
@Plec shot is lined up perfectly . so Bracket would mount to the top edging of the case. GPU Vertical mounts offset the GPU slightly back ... and see the GPU only just fits! had this been ASUS STRIX or ZOTAC AMP there would have been no chance using this method. GPU would have to attach directly onto the chassis

will have space from the bottom of the case to the GPU Bottom support so will slap in 92x25mm noctua fans or 14mm version with an m3 stand off to hold the GPU nice and evenly :)

just enough space to plug in the riser cable as well going around the back of the GPU mount :)

***lunch break! heading back home to cut! lets hope it doesnt rain!

Soldato
>everything's coming up Orbi<
Excellent - project: Square Peg, Round Hole, is literally taking shape!!!

Your attention to detail and lateral thinking is making relatively short work of the problems you're encountering. Can't wait for the PSU/front panel, final solution - i think both orientations have their merits on paper. The 90 degree rotation, in my head, seems to make sense for cable management/access - but then i don't know how much play you'll be giving yourself with the front panel?

*Was the PJ bottoms question deliberately dodged(?) - have i got to start imagining you dressed as Mr Tumble (you have kids you know who Justin is)? :D

Soldato
Am I just being prejudiced?
I've become immune - he seems to have voiced half our kid's toys in the past. I've been indoctrinated... Plus, he was paired with 'bendy' Sarah Jane in Higgledy House, which eased the pain...

The guy's worth a small fortune although nowhere near as much as Magnus Scheving the Icelandic guy from LazyTown. There's serious money to be made in kids TV...

I would say we're almost off topic - but this is suitably surreal for an @orbitalwalsh thread - so right on topic :D Plus, we need validation that he's not dressed as Mr Tumble on a work day!

Soldato
OP
That guy kinda scares me. Am I just being prejudiced?

a very rich and scary guy !

jesus @Plec i've rocked into work smelling like a smelt factory !

will say, correct blade and a solid working tool and cuts through like butter !

SFX Hole cut! need to clean and trim the bottom more so its flush with the bottom panel

YBUuKqL.jpg

GPU bracket is cut, again little clean at the bottom
Xt8FAHg.jpg
Need to cut a small square out the bottom left hand corner to fit over the PSU cable ! to lazy to relocate and see no need to

9YB4rsI.jpg

can use the exhaust holes to bolt or rivet it further for more stability
6dzvcyQ.jpg
^^also the fact the bracket and the chassis both use hex holes works nicely !!!

this is flipped the other way, but there will be a small gap between the bracket and chassis by mobo I/O cutout
MNjgE0C.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom