auction site problems - buyer wnats refund

Associate
i recently sold a fauly ipod on a famous auction site (i made VERY!! clear it was faulty) the guy has just messaged me and wants a refund. He says that i didnt send a charger or headphoens with the item... I didnt say ANY where in the item decription that you would get a charger or headphones etc. Would i have to give him a refund? Here is the item description.

THIS IS A FAULTY IPOD!!!!!

Welcome to my auction page for a video 32Gb Ipod 5th generation with a faulty headphone jack/socket (but still working)

About the Ipod:

The ipod is around 2 years old (with a new battery installed 2 months ago by the ipod shop in Bristol)

The ipod works fully apart from the headphone jack

The front of the ipod has no major scratchs and only a few scuffs from beign ina pocket. This dosnt effect the ipod in anyway even while watching movies or playing games.

the back of the ipod has the usual scuffs of any ipod over a month old (see pic two) I really wish Apple would put an anti scratch backing on ipods!

Ipod fault:
in last week its headphone socket has become faulty. When using headphones the right ear bud wont work while the left ear bud works 100% fine. I have taken into the ipod shop and they have told me it could be around £50-60 to get it repaired. I decided instead to upgrade it to an ipod touch and sell this one on. This is the only fault i have found.

Good reasons to buy this ipod:

I have been told by friends that this is a very common problem with ipods and can be fixed a lot cheaper by buying a replacement headphone jack on e bay and fitting it your self.

I have tried the ipod on my friends ipod speakers (the type that connected through the data socket at the bottom) and it seemed to work okay. This ipod could be used in conjunction with a idock speaker for an amazing 32Gb bedroom stereo!! (but like I say the ipod is officially faulty so that may stop working in the future?)

NOTE: THIS IPOD WILL COME WIPED AND SET BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS. YOU ARE ONLY BUYING AN IPOD AND NOT MY SONGS/ACCOUNT.

ONCE AGAIN THIS IS A FAULTY IPOD!

To me its like selling a flower pot and then some one demanding a refund as i didnt provide the flowers.

I have a very bad feeling that now ive turned him down hes gunna say the ipod dosnt work fully, open it up and break the cables just for a refund.

Last edited:
Associate
yea your right, i bet he broke something else during the fixing process.

if somehow you agree for a refund..ask him if the ipod is still able to switch on to see the screen. maybe pictures etc.

although you didn't say 'no refund' on the ebay listing.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
is that mean you are keen for the refund?

Im keen to refund but not when when some one says they didnt recive something that i wasnt selling. Like i say its like buying a flower pot and them moaning they didnt recive earth or a plant.

If some one bought a game that i had registerd online and forgot about meaning they couldnt play it id refund it without thinking.

Last edited:
Soldato
To be honest, if I was the buyer, no headphones I can understand, but I would have expected a charger with it (I'm assuming they come with one normally? - saying that, it's entirely plausable that Apple would decide to charge an extra £150 for it).

Of course, even with that taken into account, worst case scenario surely is that you need to send him a charger/headphones rather than a refund?

Back
Top Bottom