1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

auction site problems - buyer wnats refund

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adamknox, May 6, 2010.

1. geowal19

PermaBanned

**** him, keep the money.

2. Cybergangster

Wise Guy

I'd not give the buyer anything. You stated it was a faulty and there was no mention of headphones or chargers. If the buyer was unsure then they should have asked before purchase.

These people need to learn to think for themselves, not have you hold their hand through the buying process...

Be professional and courteous with your replies. If you do agree to a refund then don't give them a penny until you receive the ipod and confirm it's in the condition it was sold in.

3. jackthezipper

Wise Guy

It's £5 for an ipod charger cable (even cheaper actually if you buy a belkin one). Refund him a £5 as a sign of good gesture and tell him to get lost.

4. PhillyDee

Capodecina

NOTE: THIS IPOD WILL COME WIPED AND SET BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS. YOU ARE ONLY BUYING AN IPOD AND NOT MY SONGS/ACCOUNT.

Seems clear to me. It says an IPOD, doesn;t picture anythign else, and an IPod the buyer got.
    I would be thinking of a partial refund for the data cable as a sign of good faith.

5. chaparral

Capodecina

Even my brand new ipod nano didn't come with a charger..
    It only came with a USB cable to charge it from a computer..

Maybe i should go back to the shop and demand a refund :p

6. GeX

Soldato

from the description, i'd have expected it to come as it would from a shop - but with faulty head phone jack.

7. PhillyDee

Capodecina

So with a full retail box, instructions etc?

8. GeX

Soldato

yup. it says that it is faulty, not incomplete

9. FoxEye

Capodecina

I'd feel cheated if it didn't come with a charger/ headphones.

I mean, it's kind of useless without them, isn't it?

Perhaps you could offer to refund him some of the price he paid for it. I've asked sellers to do this in the past when the item didn't match my expectations, and they've done it.

10. poopots

Hitman

I'd feel like a moron if I assumed it come with them.

11. Longbow

Sgarrista

When buying retail, but this isn't the case.

Then tell the debt collectors that the debt is in dispute, they will cease chasing payment and Paypal can take it to court if they want, and lose.

It's advertised as an Ipod, not a boxed Ipod with accessories. Go look in MM, some of the goods are labelled as '..with box'. If it doesn't say that, I'm going to assume it just the card as advertised and not with a box/accessories.

OP is in the right, don't refund.

12. Beans on toast Dave

Mobster

13. d_brennen

Capodecina

Tell him that you'll send him some earphones and a USB cable but they aren't original versions but are brand new under the prevision he leaves you good feedback first. Cheap and nasty ones can be had for less than a pint of beer iirc. That's assuming you care about one neg feedback.

I wish you could reach into the screen and grab idiot buyers like him and serve them some wise up. He most likely bought it thinking it would be an easy fix and has bitten off more he can chew. Your listing is quite clear IMO. Should be the buyers responsibility to ask if they are not sure

14. Locky

Capodecina

Very much doubt it.

15. muon

Capodecina

If that is your account, you want to ruin your 500+ feedback account over £40? Trying to run from paypal will basically kill your ebay account.

You won't actually be losing £40 either since you can relist and get refunds from existing fees you've been charged.

16. edscdk

Soldato

situation sux, buyer is an idiot, your auction is clear, however I think you are screwed, you have to get him to return the item, refund him and sell it again...

17. edscdk

Soldato

does anyone care about 1 neg on 500 feedbacks?

as long as you reply to the feedback saying the items was clearly sold as faulty in a nice manner..

the only time I take note of a neg is if 1) there are too many obviously, 2) they have no reply, 3) the reply to the neg / complaint is abusive, 4) if it was a high value item

18. muon

Capodecina

Paypal account will be frozen if he takes money and runs. Paypal account is tied to ebay account. Good luck trying to open a new paypal account to use with his existing ebay account.

19. The IPB

Mobster

I bought an an Ipod from the bay advertised as just an Ipod and that's what I got.

It was advertised as an Ipod they got an Ipod.

Nothing stopped them asking him at any point if it included accessories.

20. regulus

Sgarrista

Tell the guy to **** off. Too many robbing scum on Ebay trying to have you over. I don't use it as much anymore for exactly that reason.