Audi Lands End to John O'Groats record

Soldato
He still had the car on his drive. It was still complete with the false plates and the counter measures that he had described, laser jammers, police siren and police warning board.

Remember, he isn't being done for speeding now but for Perverting the course of Justice and Dangerous Driving. I would suspect that there are a whole bunch of photos of the car going through speed cameras at various points in the journey and from the times the police can get a fair idea of his speed.

He is an idiot for advertising all of that then.

If he was smart he would have just filmed it and stripped all the kit off immediately after finishing and binned the plates. Then go off the radar. The fake plates etc are the only things linking him to it and he took them home...

Last edited:
Caporegime

If he was smart he would have just filmed it and stripped all the kit off immediately after finishing and binned the plates. Then go off the radar. The fake plates etc are the only things linking him to it and he took them home...
If he was smart, he simply wouldn’t have even thought about attempting to try it never mind actually do it.

Soldato

Exactly this.

Just how much of an idiot can you be to wait the 6 months to avoid being prosecuted for speeding, but then leave all the illegal gear on the car *facepalm*.

If he'd had removed it all, when the police came to search it, they wouldn't have had anything to prosecute him with.

Absolutely beyond idiocy.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
i must be missing something - what does it matter how long he waited, if a camera snapped him it would have dished the summons surely? if none saw him, then it's a moot point anyway.
i'd still cheerfully saw the ****'s hands and feet off to prevent him ever using a car again though.

Soldato
i must be missing something - what does it matter how long he waited, if a camera snapped him it would have dished the summons surely? if none saw him, then it's a moot point anyway.
i'd still cheerfully saw the ****'s hands and feet off to prevent him ever using a car again though.

He had false plates on the car, so there was no way of getting back to him with a NIP. This is why he is now up for Perverting the course of Justice, rather than just speeding.

Soldato

Because he wanted to claim the record and felt he'd be safe from prosecution if he admitted his illegal activity after 6 months.

Doesn't seem to have stopped the prosecution lining up charges of perverting the course of justice and dangerous driving using everything he said, posted and broadcast alongside his rigged car as evidence.

Man of Honour
He (probably) didn't get caught by any cameras or hand held devices. He had radar detectors to warn him so he likely went through them at the speed limit. He also had false plates so if he was caught then the fine didn't come to him. That's two of the reasons he is being done for perverting the course of justice. But he can still be prosecuted for speeding even without camera evidence if the police can find other evidence such as proving his average speed. That's why he waited six months so that the time limit on speeding prosecutions expired.

But it is kind of delicious that he's now being prosecuted for much more serious offences instead which don't have a six month time limit.

This.

Guys a legend.

Hope he gets away with it then makes a fortune on YouTube.
But also this :)

Soldato
"I broke the record and did the journey at an average of 89mph... unless you ask me in court, then it was just exaggeration and I didn't go over the speed limit"

Soldato
"I broke the record and did the journey at an average of 89mph... unless you ask me in court, then it was just exaggeration and I didn't go over the speed limit"

I don't think he said he didnt go over the speed limit (would be risky lying in court like that). He said it was an exaggeration essentially making his blog unreliable evidence.

Back
Top Bottom