Audi S3 8P

Soldato
The older interiors are more solidly built.

The modern ones have a lot of thin, soft recycled plastics. Interior rattles on Audis used to be rare too, but it isn't now. It was one of the two things they did well (the other being rust protection).

Soldato
OP
So, had the S5 for almost a week now and it has impressed me. Obviously it is quicker that my old Merc, but also very thirsty. Right now I am getting 22mpg but I have only, minus 2 quick motorway runs of about 2 miles, been on A roads with a average speed of 26mph due to conditions and traffic.

Some bits that need attention;
- The lights were almost pointing at the floor and it seems the auto dipping has failed, but my brothers S3 and dads V70R have also had this fail and we know the fix. For now I have adjusted them up manually.
- Rear tint needs removing still but this should happen this weekend
- Steering wheel is not dead centre so after I get the wheels off this weekend for a brake check, depending on my thoughts of replacing the brakes, I will get an alignment
- "Return" button on the dash is a little sticky but I can solve this with a clean around the button
- Alloys need a refurb but not a priority
- Rear light on boot has a few LEDs out

All in all though, a great purchase I feel and I can resolve all the above without issue.

As an aside, I do find the B&O audio no where near as good as the Burmister (sp?) in the Merc, but this is a small price really.

Soldato
OP
I am using an SD Card to play from.

I actually think that the sub isn't working - at all... It feels like the fronts are delivering the bass only and that the sub is off. I will need to check tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom