Audi S6 V10 or newer A6 3.0 TFSI

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

I'm trying to decide whether to just get the same again (S6 V10) once my insurance settlement is sorted, or perhaps add a bit of money in and get the newer shape (2011 onwards?) 3.0 TFSI if I can find one?

I know they are seriously rare as nearly everyone got a diesel, but perhaps a newer platform with more modern interior would suit over the 2007ish S6?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mal

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Are there any 3.0TFSIs for sale? Remember looking a while ago and I only found a dodgy spec Allroad.

Why not meet in the middle and get the V8 S6?

Soldato
Yep, big engine so big tuning ability. The v10 will be a classic because it's not really something you see in a normal car. It's the same one used in Lambos of that time afaik.

Caporegime
I’ve been pondering the same thing recently, and came to the conclusion that i’d rather have the S4 engined 3.0TFSI C7. As amazing as the v10 sounds, it’s not as tunable with a simple map, uses a lot more fuel, and fundamentally you end up with a much older car.

That said i’ve only come across one decent one in 2 months of watching the classifieds. There are also a few C6 platform 3.0TFSI but they seem rarer still!

Man of Honour
OP
I should have added... I've had an S6 V10 for the last few months until last weekend when a drunk driver crashed into it and wrote it off.

Loved having a V10 however the 3.0TFSI seems to be nearly as quick and is newer.. I've not driven one mind you.

Associate
I have one of these Audi A6 3tfsi S-line estates that I have just listed. It is the only 2013 car with 310ps we have ever seen for sale and must be exceptionally rare as every other one has been 2011-2012 with slightly less power.

Back
Top Bottom