• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Audio down 1st hdmi, Video down 2nd hdmi

Associate
no response from av area, so will try in graphics

If i get a modern gpu (last 2 years) with 2xhdmi ports, will i be able to output LPCM audio audio to av receiver on one hdmi and video (1080p) to projector on a 2nd hdmi, at the same time.

reason: my av receivers video logic has died but audio is fine...

tia

Soldato
Yep, my Vega and gtx 1060 can do this to my dac, and also my av amp.

You just have to select the sound down the appropriate display output.

Associate
OP
so its generally working, its fine during a film say...
however if i dont play sound constantly, the av receiver sort of looses interest in the nvidia output/snoozes...

next time the sound starts up its take the receiver a second or two to 'lock on'

atis had a registry fix for this type of hdmi<>av receiver behaviour...is there an equivalent for nvidia

also for anyone else reading, it made a difference which hdmi i plugged the sound and which the video into....wrong one and the video wont initialise until inside the OS. (ie dont see BIOS post)

Back
Top Bottom