Audio router/switcher?

I want the audio from my pc to go to a headphone amp and a stereo amp, so basically 1 RCA in (source) ----> 2 x selectable RCA out?

It seems really hard to find a box that will allow me to do that, most of them seem to be the other way around, multiple inputs going into one output, I'm just wondering if I purchase the below audio switcher do you think I should be able to use it in reverse?

9z9onLv.jpg

Soldato
I doubt you can?

Why not just use RCA splitter at the source side only switch on the amp that you use when you need to?

1e983023_37_split2.jpeg

Soldato
I was thinking about that but some people say that you suffer audio/signal degradation when you split from the source but if I'm not using both devices at same that shouldn't happen should it?

I've never used it before so I can't tell, but I dun think letting the RCA signal go through two single splitters would sound any worse than going through a splitter box with much more impedance along the way?

Soldato
I have my PC connected to a set of 2.1 desktop speakers and my Denon amplifier.

I only care about stereo so I used the front channels for one and the rear channels for the other. With the sound card set to 2 channels and 4 speakers I get the same signal out of both sets of outputs.

Back
Top Bottom