Rate the 2022 Australian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The data shows that he slowed. Read the decision.
Wow, a whole 9mph slower through the corner :o

It’s not the driver I’ve got an issue with… I think the FIA shoot themselves in the balls by not enforcing the whole flag situations in a stricter manner.

Soldato

It’s not the driver I’ve got an issue with… I think the FIA shoot themselves in the balls by not enforcing the whole flag situations in a stricter manner.

I've been saying this for years. They need to clearly define speed limits when certain track conditions are in play. A 9mph lift isn't enough.

If I remember it correctly double waved yellows (not applicable here) is slow down and be prepared to stop and they still send it at near max speed with barely a lift.

Soldato
"As PER approached turn 11, a single yellow flag was displayed for a car in the escape road. PER was warned by his team on the radio at the same time the signals were displayed at the corner. Compared to his previous lap, he lifted 70 meters earlier, braked 50 meters earlier, and carried 14kph less speed into the corner. As a result of these actions, the Stewards conclude that PER acted appropriately to the situation and take no further action."
Perez demonstrated respect for a single waved flag. Really not a story

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Interestingly they’ve added an event note about SC restarts reminding drivers about erratic braking and accelerating and have gone so far as having “do” and “don’t” pictures of where you can place your car :D

Commissario
OP
Latiffi is the new Grosjean.

Although it’s amusing to see how Grosjean is doing in Indy, watched the practise session just now and he was fastest.

Interestingly they’ve added an event note about SC restarts reminding drivers about erratic braking and accelerating and have gone so far as having “do” and “don’t” pictures of where you can place your car :D
I saw this was reported but haven’t seen the pictures. I notice that they’ve said no part of the car can be alongside the one in front which will disappoint Max.

Soldato
Latiffi is the new Grosjean.

Although it’s amusing to see how Grosjean is doing in Indy, watched the practise session just now and he was fastest.

I saw this was reported but haven’t seen the pictures. I notice that they’ve said no part of the car can be alongside the one in front which will disappoint Max.
Max will deal with it, this verification of the rules is to prevent a repeat of what happened in Spain and nothing to do with Max. On another note, I wonder who the FIA will employ to check that all the drivers have removed their body piercings and wearing flameproof underwear...

Soldato
Max will deal with it, this verification of the rules is to prevent a repeat of what happened in Spain and nothing to do with Max.
You might have a point about the “erratic braking and accelerating” but the diagram showing that the following car needs to stay behind the lead car and not go wheel-to-wheel seems to be clearly targeting Max and his usual SC antics.

Soldato
Looks like latiffis father loans or loaned Williams a lot of money so he's prob not going anywhere
I feel like Williams are in a bit of a Lotus/Tyrell style death spiral circling the drain until it becomes another entity entirely when a big boy takes them over.

Latifis probably cost them a fair amount of his dads money already in spares!

Caporegime
Max will deal with it, this verification of the rules is to prevent a repeat of what happened in Spain and nothing to do with Max. On another note, I wonder who the FIA will employ to check that all the drivers have removed their body piercings and wearing flameproof underwear...

The new rules mean he CANNOT drive up alongside the car in front at all, like he has the last few races when we have had safety car restarts.

ALL of his car must remain behind the car in front at all times under a safety car situation, untill crossing the start finish line, when racing can resume.

No cars can do sharp braking and acceleration manouveres, so basically saying everyone needs to more or less stay at constant speed behind the safety car.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fia-shuts-down-verstappen-f1-safety-car-restart-tactics-/9739044/

Soldato

That's the thing. If you going 20mph a 9mph drop is quite big. If you're going 150, it really isn't... Lol

Caporegime
Absolutely gutted for alonso.
It's a dream having alonso back in the alpine (Renault) for me.

Wonder what might have been. 2nd row at least.

Reliability showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom