Austrian Grand Prix 2016, Spielberg - Race 9/21

Caporegime
I don't think he intended contact, but he definitely intended to push Hamilton off the track, and thereby keep the place. He just wasn't expecting Hamilton to stand his ground.

Yes/no, drivers have to turn in, I said earlier a lot of driving is expectation about what the other drivers will do. If you don't turn in you can 98/100 times expect to get hit when the other guy turns and you don't.

Had Hamilton gone wide Rosberg would get penalised for pushing him off the track so he had little to gain by pushing Hamilton off. Honestly the only way he was keeping Hamilton behind from that situation was hitting Hamilton and Hamilton coming off worse. I wouldn't jump to him not expecting contact there because in almost every case there his actions would lead to contact.

Hamilton also said Rosberg was in his blind spot, because he's slightly wider and Hamilton is turning it would be incredibly hard for Hamilton to see him not turning and react to it, Rosberg being an experienced driver should be able to tell Hamilton might not be able to see him coming in from that angle.

Caporegime
Not a lot of focus was on Perez as the Merc incident was same time. First replay I thought the suspension went again but it was brake failure, maybe I missed anyone mention it. SO unlucky, had a decent if not spectacular race then brakes go and it's all over for him. Good for Wehrlein but not him or Force India.

Though worth noting, if Rosberg had a brake failure, well that is the usual result, you can't stop and overshoot the corner massively, he stayed on at Bahrain and both of them did in Canada because they went off on corners with huge huge run off areas, Perez went off on a corner with little run off, just gravel then a wall.

If Rosberg really had a big brake failure he'd have gone off way worse than he did and Ham would have been well past him.

Soldato
I was wondering why they just don't get better brakes/braking systems.

But thinking about it, no matter how good you make the brakes, the driver will always use them to the limit.

Man of Honour
more to the point, why does it taken the so long to decide anything. Telemetry is easily accessible.
is it the ritual of find the random punishment exercise that takes so long,

Man of Honour
How is that lenient?

Takes him out of the points completely (losing 12 points).

Alternatively loses at least that many next race unless he miraculously recovers to the podium.

grid penalty, not place drop. wouldn't lose any points, just likely to start 12th next race.

Soldato
Re-read Flibsters post. 10 place GRID penalty. So at the next race.

That's my point. Rosberg would prefer to take that penalty this week rather than next week.

grid penalty, not place drop. wouldn't lose any points, just likely to start 12th next race.

I know but Rosberg isn't likely to beat Hamilton from 12th. So that is at least 14 points dropped. Likely way more. Hamilton also gets all the momentum.

Associate
What are you talking about? He doesn't get the choice of when to take it? He'll keep his points this week, start 11th/12th next week and probably manage to finish well up in to the points again?

Back
Top Bottom