Auto Trader Beta...

Soldato
Can't say I was ever a fan of the old site though.. I'm not sure about a step up, but I'm not seeing it as much of a step down either. But I don't use it enough to really notice increased/reduced functionality so.. meh.

Soldato
OP
everything seems so large and bubble like - the previous site, whilst dated, was pretty clean. This just seems like a bloody mess, wonder if they'll tone it down

Associate
I think its good with some things like when you want to choose a colour you dont just check 1 colour like before you can check several. another thing is when you select a car you dont have to click the the tab thing at the top to get the tech details and the the it does the pics is good as well.

But everything else is bad and a fail

***edit*** just gone on the site now and you can do the colour thing no more

Last edited:
Soldato
There's also broken adverts, missing adverts etc.

I found the perfect thing I was looking for (only one listed near me), I click through and the ad just isn't there. It's a private ad with no hint of details on the summary, so all I know is that there's a 6 month old black CBF125 for about £1600 roughly 24 miles from me.

Thanks autotrader, you suck.

*edit* they fixed it! Yay!

Soldato
What's horrible about it?

Go to the home page, search for something, oh, I have to narrow it down by choosing a category, I don't want to/none of the categories seem right. Go back to the home page, search for something else until you get straight through to the results. Search for the original query again via the text box at the top of the page, now it gives me the results I wanted in the 1st place. STUPID STUPID STUPID! I hate categories.

Soldato
Right, so they've tarted up the interface with cuddly-wuddly rounded corners but still only offer the same limited selection choices.

Yeah, that's a real improvement.

Having worked with the people behind a very similar car listings site that I won't name and shame, I can completely understand why this is the way that it is, sadly.

Top Bottom