automate and smarten up my office

been converting half my garage into an office and we're now at the stage that we're ready for plasterboard to go on the walls.

I'm looking to get a smart light switch that can be controlled by google/my phone. the best i can find is the mihome ones as they seem to allow the user to manually change the state like a normal switch, where as others don't do this so well?

the issue being i'd need to buy the mihome hub for this, and reviews aren't great at all.

i thought then to also add mihome sockets as makes sense to use the same companies range, though again, not great reviews.

an alternative thought would be to do away with the mihome switch and smart sockets, just get normal ones, then use philips hue bulbs and place the light controller over the light switch.

i'm looking to get a smart blind motor to open and close the blind each day at certain times.

i'd like to also have not just smart switch for the lights, but also the bulbs too be smart so they know if it's 9pm turn the lights max brightness, but if 11pm, have them at 30% warm setting. any suggestions? I'll installing about 6 spot lights in the ceiling. i've seen the philips bulbs, however they are expensive as i'd also need to get the philips hub i understand?

i have got a samsung smart home kit, i think gen 2, but tbh motion sensors that are battery operated aren't so appealing. while i've got the ability to wire up a proper system i'd rather do that. any suggestions?

the radiator will have a smart control on it allowing it to be turned on and off from phone/google and also on a timer seperate to the boiler, though the boiler would need to be on for it to work

anything else you'd do if you have a new office install that i may not have thought of?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom