1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

****Avengers 4: Endgame - Official Thread!****

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by V_R, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Minusorange

Mobster

It's most likely in reference to Strange's "we're in the endgame now" comment before he fades into nothing

2. eggcup

Wise Guy

Tony in Age of Ultron also says “That up there, that’s the endgame.”

3. Minusorange

Mobster

Covers pretty much everything discussed and some things missed

4. Gerard

Caporegime

:p

5. Malevolence

Capodecina

Couple of interesting and well put forward theories.

6. 413x

Capodecina

Anyone else think there are just too many marvel films too quickly? I haven't seen them all.

7. aardvark

Sgarrista

not a cat in hells chance of those happening

8. V_R

Sgarrista

We're working our way thought them again ready for CM and Endgame. :)

One a week, though you need to play catch up, but tbh you can skip The Hulk and Iron Man 2.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/a1jmuo/mcu_movie_rewatch_begins_tomorrow/

9. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I'll watch some of the key movies, but a lot of them can be skipped to be honest.

10. PlacidCasual

Soldato

I re-watched Infinity War the other night for the first time and my main feeling come the end was Thanos's story is over. He has beaten the Avengers and achieved his goal. Even if they beat him and reverse the *click fingers* it's not like the film ends with him sitting in his castle to defend the process. He's not a bad guy who has usurped the crown and must fear the rightful heir. I really want Thanos to be put to bed quickly and an Earth related villain usurping the power Thanos collected being the main villain. Otherwise it seems off that all these human heroes are the only ones willing and able to defend 50% of all life. Where as them fighting to prevent an Earth orientated bad guy seems right.

I don't expect this to be the plot howoever.

11. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Asgard was the protector of the 9 realms, and they have almost been wiped out by Hela/Surtur and Thanos.

And there was a brief mention that Xandar was wiped out I think, which was the capital of the Nova empire.

Plus of course the snap happened on Earth, because that's where the last infinity stone was. The events of infinity war happened over the course of 2 days, and as soon as Thanos had the space stone from Loki, he could teleport wherever he wants. Think about where he was - Knowhere (It looked like everyone had been wiped out), Vormir, Titan. He was only on Earth for about 5 minutes , so nobody else in the Galaxy had much chance to stop him.

12. ianh

Mobster

Me either, my guess is the vast majority of the film's runtime will be all about reversing the click until the last 5-10 minutes which will be about dealing with loss of any main characters.

13. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Kevin Feige has said all the trailers and marketing will only contain footage from the first 15 minutes of the movie.

In other news, Sam Jackson accidentally confirmed that Captain Marvel can time travel.

There's been rumours of a back to the future 2 style plot, with the avengers revisiting old events that they were part of.

14. Malevolence

Capodecina

Rumours like them wearing unknown tech, Steve Rogers donning his old outfit and Ant Man being at the battle of New York with the rest of the Avengers?

[​IMG]

15. Minusorange

Mobster

Interesting theory

16. MissChief

Capodecina

Being that Ruffalo is in mocap gear it also suggests a return of the Hulk.

17. Minusorange

Mobster

Or he's in a repaired Hulk Buster suit again

18. Malevolence

Capodecina

I'm going for Worldbreaker Hulk making an appearance, or at least a Hulk based around it.

19. Jonny2284

Wise Guy

I could see that, I mean not so much a World War Hulk type Hulk given nothing is there to set those circumstances up, but Banner and Hulk's minds on the same page worldbreaker style is certainly a possibility.

20. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

That'd be good. I think Hulk has been shortchanged a bit in the MCU.