AVG Free download always corrupt ?

Soldato
Hello,

I am trying to install AVG free on a friends computer.

I download it and run the file and it always says it corrput when its extracting the install files.

Just tested the download on my PC and it works fine.

Any idea when it copurts on the other PC ?

Thanks

Soldato
^ Agree. Might be cached and not actually re-downloading it. Does the redownload go at a very fast rate?
If so try clearing your Temp Internet Files for whichever browser you are using & download it again.

Man of Honour
Try uninstalling it, clearing all files known to it, cleaning all other rubbish e.g. using ccleaner, and then redownloading it and reinstalling it.

Then get all your updates again. That might work.

Associate
dbmzk1 said:
Why exactly is it "crap"? :rolleyes:

Maybe a coincidink, but when I had AVG, it was pretty average - I switched to Karspersky and on my first scan about 10 minutes after removing AVG, it said I had 13 critical objects including a worm and a few trojans.

So yeah, I tend to stick away from AVG. If the person has cash - Kaspersky all the way, if they don't Avast will do.

Associate
Are you sure its just AVG? Try downloading other programs to see if they are corrupt. I had this before and ended up reinstalling windows...

Permabanned
i had a similar problem a year back..

my motherboard had a built-in firewall which was currupting a lot of my downloads. as soon as i disabled it everything downloaded fine. just an idea!

Associate
BEN_UK said:
thanks for info lads.

just tried to install SP2 and it says that download is corrupt aswell :eek:

looks like windows reinstall to me ?

try checking the adobe website. When i had your problem that website looked weird, also firefox page wasnt right.

Back
Top Bottom