1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesomeminer, not mentioned much on here?

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by Mr Footlong, Jan 5, 2018.

1. MinLum

Wise Guy

Watched that already, unfortunately he doesn't say how he made AM mine on only a few cards and not the entire mining rig setup.

2. DriveCancel

Gangster

I think you're losing more money with all this swapping around than you would be just letting the miners do their job on one pool/algorithm. Remember if you're using different pools you're now making yourself have to start over to reach min. payout limits.

3. Th0nt

Soldato

Like I said not an extensive scientifically controlled fair comparison, but take it as a guide so you would get similar results if you pointed your rig at those platforms. The general feedback is NH has been taking more off lately and that confirms it.

You are best just pointing your brand of card at its strongest return and not go chasing the golden exchange of the day. Even if that means its mining the 3rd best coin for ages, on average the less switching and % being lost through autoconverting means it comes out top.

4. MinLum

Wise Guy

Not really, I'm just delaying payouts on some of them :) But I do see your point and that's why I'm currently just juggling between NH and MPH. However, payout limits aren't that much on other pools anyway and I figure I'll be hitting them once I start testing out their pools.

I agree, but I like getting results for myself. I'd have liked it more if he had gone into more detail and not just shown an excel output.

Output for one day of mining on just Equihash algorithm (port 17023) was 0.0010 compared to 0.00089 for my initial setup where I was mining individual coins on 20XXX ports. This is close to the NH numbers I'm expecting and this is why I want to test mining on both at the same time; the current output difference is not enough to be a clear winner for MPH.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  5. MinLum

Wise Guy

Anyone know how to make AM use only a couple of my GPUs? Asked and searched but I'm not getting anywhere.

6. Th0nt

Soldato

In the commands you can use switches on the algorithms to only use specific cards.

7. MinLum

Wise Guy

Yes, but what commands and how? I've tried both AM and directly using the mining software itself but there's no documentation on how to do this, specifically for the DSTM ZCash v0.6 miner.

8. Th0nt

Soldato

Well for example in phoenix and claymore they use I think "-di 0" so if you had five cards you would have a switch to use three of them being "-dev 1,2,4" where 0 is card one and you want to leave card one out of mining.

9. MinLum

Wise Guy

Yeah, sorted that one out and tested to confirm which cards are which numbers, but I can only edit the .cfg file and run the miner myself, can't figure out how to get AM to do the same. :(

10. Th0nt

Soldato

Im not at home buddy to peek for you but its in the miner area where you select algo, a part like 'parameters' or 'commands' should be you enter what you would do in your config file

11. MinLum

Wise Guy

Well, I've figured out that I need to enable the "dev" option, specifically "dev=0,1,2" to just run cards 1-3. This works when I edit the cfg file and run the miner manually but I've tried many areas in AM and tried --dev, -dev, or just dev right away and none works.

I've tried Options > Pools > Equihash MPH pool (port 17023) > Advanced and added pool specific command line parameters
    I've tried Options > Profit Profiels > Custom Profile > DSTM Zcash Cuda Miner > Configure and added command line parameters to mining software
    I've tried right-click on miner > Properties > Command Line and added parameters to mining software
    I've tried going to C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\AwesomeMiner\zm_0.6_win_2\zm_0.6_win and editing the zm.cfg file

Nothing works and it looks like the .cfg file is ignored when AM starts up the miner or AM injects it's own commands and thus ignores the .cfg file.

12. Th0nt

Soldato

I see. I got it to work for the eth miners using my AMD card, I didnt try it for the nvidia card. It must be doable. Keep us posted if you do crack it.

13. MinLum

Wise Guy

I'm guessing it's because you use a different miner and AM is able to pass commands onto it properly?

In any case, can you show me step-by-step how you got something like this to work for your setup? Might be something there I missed.

14. Karateyid

Wise Guy

Got a friend who set up a profile for 1 card and then a profile for the 2nd card and set up 2 profit switching miners. Had a 1060 and 970 doing different algos in 1 pc

15. rock500

Associate

Pretty sure you have to goto the paid version of AM to be able to select a card per algo, i could never get it to mine with the 1060 & 70 on ETH and my 1050 to mine Equihash. I now just have shortcuts on the desktop to different bat files to run dstm/claymore etc, and various coins on mph.

16. Th0nt

Soldato

Its here. Right click the miner > Poperties

[​IMG]

17. Pickers

Mobster

Right so using mph to swap between mph algorithms (ticking the miningpoolhub box) seemed to yield lower profit than just sticking to equihash pool...

18. MinLum

Wise Guy

Yep, done that earlier and doesn't work. Must be a miner-specific issue?

19. MinLum

Wise Guy

Found it! Apparently, the syntax for the cfg file and for Awesome Miner are different.
    dev=0,1,2 works in the cfg but not in AM
    --dev 0 1 2 works in in AM but not in cfg

Go figure.....

20. Th0nt

Soldato

Cool, at least you have it working!