• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Awful stuttering on Rtx 3090 and 10850K on Battlefield 5

Associate
Little bit late to this thread but I've only just got my 3090, so:

DX11 + DXR Off = super smooth gameplay pinned at monitors refresh rate and never drops below (100Hz G-Sync)
DX12 + DXR On = stutter once every 5-10 seconds or so, FPS around 80, generally just not as smooth gameplay

3440x1440 all Ultra btw

It's either DXR or DX12 causing the problem. I guess I could find out which by trying DX12 + DXR off but I've not done that yet. Either way I'm not too bothered because I'd rather have the higher FPS with DXR off because it seems much smoother and DXR isn't all that good in BFV anyway.

FYI I'm not able to try DLSS in BFV because I believe it uses DLSS v1.0 which does not support Ultrawide resolutions so I can't comment on how that works for me.

Soldato
I had loads of stuttering in games when I first got my 3090FE. I couldn't figure out why. I ended up upgrading my bios, and tweaking various bios settings (such as disabling CSM), re-installing drivers and a few other things. Then the problem went away and I couldn't figure out what I'd done that had fixed it!

Permabanned
I had loads of stuttering in games when I first got my 3090FE. I couldn't figure out why. I ended up upgrading my bios, and tweaking various bios settings (such as disabling CSM), re-installing drivers and a few other things. Then the problem went away and I couldn't figure out what I'd done that had fixed it!

Why disable CSM if not using rebar?

Associate
dx12 is your issue

it does the same thing on my computer i5-10400f rx6700xt

but weirdly on my old i5-6600 and rx5700 it was fine other than the cpu load

Associate
Thanks for that. I was worried there was something wrong with one of my components because of this game. Still not getting the FPS I think I should be getting though. Only getting about 60-70 on a 3440-1440 although I've turned the field of view up too

DXR is your problem there just turn it of adds nothing to game and you will be back to 200 fps

Associate
I've had issues in the past with smooth gameplay, not just BF5 but then every now and then a stutter. Drove me nuts, but un-installed riva tuner and it went away, re-installed it and it came back. Running a strix 1080ti.

Soldato
Little bit late to this thread but I've only just got my 3090, so:

DX11 + DXR Off = super smooth gameplay pinned at monitors refresh rate and never drops below (100Hz G-Sync)
DX12 + DXR On = stutter once every 5-10 seconds or so, FPS around 80, generally just not as smooth gameplay

3440x1440 all Ultra btw

It's either DXR or DX12 causing the problem. I guess I could find out which by trying DX12 + DXR off but I've not done that yet. Either way I'm not too bothered because I'd rather have the higher FPS with DXR off because it seems much smoother and DXR isn't all that good in BFV anyway.

FYI I'm not able to try DLSS in BFV because I believe it uses DLSS v1.0 which does not support Ultrawide resolutions so I can't comment on how that works for me.

Its DX12. I experienced the same awful stutter with my GTX 1080, as I did when I upgraded to a 3080 and tried DX12 + DXR to see the RTX effects.

Permabanned
dx12 also works wonky on battlefront 2

i think dice never cared about dx12 for these two particular games

weird, considering they were the ones who built mantle to begin with

only reason dx12 actually "functions" on bf5 is ray tracing, otherwise it would be same with bf2, useless and wonky

it is still wonky though regardless

Permabanned
i actually went ahead and decided to share how the glorious dx12 implementation in battlefront 2 works with a 3070;

you can notice that ram and vram consumption is simply uncontrolled and unhinged, something hugely wrong about it

i don't even know how this got past q/a. there are too many people who blindly turn on dx12 and play with hugely degraded performance and some of them are not even aware

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom