Azhar Ahmed

Permabanned
What were you expecting? A medal? If you call me stupid then I will mock your lack of writing ability.

Okay Mr. Perfect I will remember to re-read all my posts from now on and make the necessary changes, as making a mistake while typing quickly is a 1st world problem. You have looked stupid though as you said being stupid isn't a crime then above you said it was racially aggravated?

Man of Honour
Okay Mr. Perfect I will remember to re-read all my posts from now on and make the necessary changes, as making a mistake while typing quickly is a 1st world problem. You have looked stupid though as you said being stupid isn't a crime then above you said it was racially aggravated?

I can see that you are struggling.

Stop calling people stupid.

Permabanned
I am not struggling at all, I just don't understand why anyone would defend the guy on the basis that other people have avoided being caught for the same thing.

Permabanned
Good Christ, it was simply a comment made on Facebook! Why on Earth are the Police getting involved? If the punk said something stupid that get's him in trouble, then to be honest, with the nature of his remarks, that's his own damn fault.

Frightening times to be honest.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
I am not sure how the Facebook post would be considered a racially aggravated thing and it is dubious as to whether it is a public order offense. However it would depend a lot on where and how it was posted. At the end of the day there is no valid distinction for online and offline behaviour, both are real world, both need to follow the same rules.

It would not surprise me if there is more to it than just that post.

Man of Honour
Good Christ, it was simply a comment made on Facebook! Why on Earth are the Police getting involved? If the punk said something stupid that get's him in trouble, then to be honest, with the nature of his remarks, that's his own damn fault.

Frightening times to be honest.

Well, there's two ways to look at that.

Either he gets what he 'deserves' from the general populace (which is at the very least a good hiding in their opinion) or he gets protection and charged with a crime.

The Police, by being present and limiting his movements, were preventing a crime taking place. That's their job.

It would not surprise me if there is more to it than just that post.

That's my thinking. I can't see where the racially aggravated part has come from there.

There are unsubstantiated rumours around here about other things that were done, but what I have said (despite being knocked by Ahleckz) has been reported on, or I have seen first hand.

Soldato
I am not struggling at all, I just don't understand why anyone would defend the guy on the basis that other people have avoided being caught for the same thing.

I don't think people are defending the guy, people are saying that it's utterly stupid to prosecute someone for what he said.

Soldato
The Police, by being present and limiting his movements, were preventing a crime taking place. That's their job.

And do we normally curtail the rights of a potential victim? Seems a rather strange way of going about it. So if there is a burglar in my area would the police take away all my property to stop them nicking it?

Saying that though the bloke is a plonker and probably needs a good slap ... no sleep lost from me if it does happen.

Soldato
OP
Well, there's two ways to look at that.

Either he gets what he 'deserves' from the general populace (which is at the very least a good hiding in their opinion) or he gets protection and charged with a crime.

It is there job but it is hardly consistent, clear cut law enforcement. It is open to abuse when the police are judge and jury. If you are correct Gilly then it's lazy policing removing freedoms.

j0s

j0s

Associate
Isn't this the same kind of law when the riots happened last year?

Those that incited others to riot or loot, was thrown into jail, I didn't see any posts saying how unfair it was, or stupid.

Soldato
Just because its over the interwebz, doesn't mean you can say what you like without being held accountable.

I agree. Mrk claimed that it wasn't a criminal offence yet the bloke should be fined regardless. I was wondering why we should be fining someone if that person, in his eyes (and mine, incidentally) hadn't done anything criminal.

Soldato
I don't want the police getting involved the second somebody makes an angry post.

Amazing how these right wing people want to chuck the book at him, thought police anyone?, nanny state?, government locking people up for being angry..? - pathetic.

I'm right wing and i think this is ridiculous, maybe you're forgetting but it's the left-wing that has a history of thought police and the nanny state.

Soldato
he states a few facts, he stats a few incorrect facts.... He vents anger at the people doing the killing...

he does not suggest anyone do anything (other than cry)

its jsut a facebook rant...

Back
Top Bottom