Azhar Ahmed

Soldato
Arrest, Deport. Im sure this would cost less than keeping him in our prison cells.

Would also serve as a warning to anyone else wanting to insult our forces.

Soldato
The post is obviously meant to offend, And he is an arse for posting it on Facebook but that doesn't mean he should have been arrested,

It is a massive generalisation he is making there and something that will obviously upset lot of people but there is no need to involve the police, I am pretty sure that if his name was John Smith that this wouldn't have made any headlines anywhere

Caporegime
Inciting violence and hatred, or do you think it's perfectly reasonable to wish hell grieving families of dead servicemen and women?

No, it's just offensive to some people. Does it mean the police should be involved? No.

I've seen people say and write a lot worse even on this forum.

Man of Honour
Inciting violence and hatred, or do you think it's perfectly reasonable to wish hell grieving families of dead servicemen and women?

It's not reasonable of him to say that no, but it's far worse to criminally convict him for voicing his thoughts especially when, with all things considered, what he said and the means through which he said it were not that repugnant. It was his facebook wall - if he was parading the streets with this nonsense then I'd be more inclined to appreciate the reasoning behind his arrest.

Caporegime
No, it's just offensive to some people. Does it mean the police should be involved? No.

I've seen people say and write a lot worse even on this forum.

There's a bit more to it that simply being offensive though isn't there? Racial isn't the right word but it's promoting a kind of inter-cultural hatred which imo cannot be tolerated. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.

If the Westboro Baptist Church ever did one of their disgusting protests at a funeral in the UK I sincerely hope they'd be arrested too.

Associate
There's a bit more to it that simply being offensive though isn't there? Racial isn't the right word but it's promoting a kind of inter-cultural hatred which imo cannot be tolerated. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.

If the Westboro Baptist Church ever did one of their disgusting protests at a funeral in the UK I sincerely hope they'd be arrested too.

Totally right to be arrested. Should back our armed forced to the hilt, its bad enough they are getting killed over there. The last thing you want is idiots back home spouting a load of rubbish. Let them get away with it and more will follow. The country as a whole should be proud of the forces and things like this show a very obvious divide forming.

Soldato

And here folks we have freedom of speech going to hell in a hand-basket. You have to take the rough with the smooth scorza otherwise we'll be living in a your Utopian communism dream

Permabanned
He is a muppet, he is the sort of person that wants some sort of civil war, clear has something to say out British armed forces and Britain, yes we are not the best, innocent people get hurt in conflict but we wouldn't be where we are today with out the British armed forces, maybe he should go live in Syria or Bahrain and protest about the Armed forces there.

Where are we going to deport him to?

Why shouldn't we be allowed to criticise our armed forces?

He is doing it to the wrong people do it to the people in power, not to the families what have they ever do wrong, brought up a lad that joined the army then got blown up by an IED.

I dont like the idea of going the Yank way and that you either love the Forces or if you don't you are a terrorists and not patriotic.

Soldato
Totally right to be arrested. Should back our armed forced to the hilt, its bad enough they are getting killed over there. The last thing you want is idiots back home spouting a load of rubbish. Let them get away with it and more will follow. The country as a whole should be proud of the forces and things like this show a very obvious divide forming.

What utter nonsense. We should back the troops no matter what they do? So, the American soldier who killed numerous children and families should be let off? The British soldiers who arguably committed war crimes in Korea shouldn't be investigated and challenged?

The fact is, soldiers can and do do bad things. They shouldn't be given carte blanche to do what they want just because they are a soldier. They are people and are open to criticism much like anyone else.

I agree with cheets, he phrased it poorly but he's clearly angry about innocent people in possibly his home country being killed by British soldiers. I appreciate collateral damage, but there is no excuse for the killing of innocents in the vast majority of cases. An innocents life is just as valueable as a soldiers.

Freedom of speech is much more important than upsetting the odd dead soldiers mother.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom