Azure query...

DHR

DHR

Soldato
Traditionally this is what I'd say was a pretty simple request, I know I'm missing just one piece of the puzzle though, and this has to be a common requirement in the real world.

Azure web apps have floating IP addresses due to their nature, but you can use a CNAME DNS record to point the domain record www.mysite.com, to mysite.azurewebsites.net and a subdomain, such as admin.mysite.com used for admin/content management access.

I need the world to see www.mysite.com, but want to restrict access to admin.mysite.com to a select number of IP addresses.

What service, if any, do I need to look at to accomplish this, knowing I have an application gateway available in the setup?

Puzzled :rolleyes:

Associate
Iif admin is a separate app running on the same app service as the website I would look into using the ipSecurity section of the web.config for the admin application to do this if you are using publishing in visual studio you could create a custom publishing config to add this section to the web config on publishing.

I know there is a gui approach in the azure website however never tried using it with more than one application on the app service.

if you click on the networking option on the left hand side on the app service in the azure website there is an access restrictions option there with a friendly gui option but if it shows the separate web applications that would be where you could do it However I am not sure if it shows the breakdown by application

Back
Top Bottom