B450 Tomahawk + Ryzen stock cooler - quest for silence!

Soldato
Hi all,

I have a b450 tomahawk mobo, Ryzen 2600 and using the stock cooler. The stock cooler is the only thing I can hear.

2 questions if I may:

1. how can I put the fan on silent mode? I cannot see anything in the bios that allows me to do that?

2. I have a CM Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler - would this be quieter than my stock cooler? I know the temps would be better, but the the noise is more of an issue for me.

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Hardware Monitor section in the BIOS. If there's no apparent silent mode option, create your own. People have reported that when you enable XMP for memory, it sets a very fast CPU fan profile, so if you come across that, go back to Hardware Monitor and customize the profile again.

Not sure which would be quieter. I would imagine the Hyper212, especially when CPU on load. You'd need the AM4 mounting kit for it, depending on how old the cooler is.

Soldato
OP
Hardware Monitor section in the BIOS. If there's no apparent silent mode option, create your own. People have reported that when you enable XMP for memory, it sets a very fast CPU fan profile, so if you come across that, go back to Hardware Monitor and customize the profile again.

Not sure which would be quieter. I would imagine the Hyper212, especially when CPU on load. You'd need the AM4 mounting kit for it, depending on how old the cooler is.

Thanks for that - I will have a look. More bothered about the noise at idle, not too fussed when under load.

Back
Top Bottom