B550 ITX Advice - Aorus Pro AX/Asus Strix?

Soldato
I've been reading up on 2 motherboards, the ASUS B550I Strix and the Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX.

Most of the reviews of the Aorus are glowing however, I've seen many user feedback saying otherwise.

Complaints about Bluetooth and WIFI issues and some boards dying days later after installation.

The Aorus is the cheapest and strongest by £50, so debating on which to opt for?

Associate
Between the two, Gigabyte come out on top from what i've always read with motherboards. Their support isn't too bad either, but they've had major server issues recently. £50 extra for board that doesn't offer you anything more (outside of other people), not worth it. Gigabyte stuff for me and a mate (he always goes gig), not had an issue.

At the end of the day you can always get unlucky with a duff part.

Soldato
OP
Between the two, Gigabyte come out on top from what i've always read with motherboards. Their support isn't too bad either, but they've had major server issues recently. £50 extra for board that doesn't offer you anything more (outside of other people), not worth it. Gigabyte stuff for me and a mate (he always goes gig), not had an issue.

At the end of the day you can always get unlucky with a duff part.

I've been researching both over the past few days and reading the same as yourself.

I prefer Gigabyte and have never had any issues in the past and present.

Currently have all the components ready to downsize and looking forward to it for weeks.

Should anyone own the B550I Aorus Pro AX, please do chime in with your feedback.

Back
Top Bottom