Back Lit keyboard, gaming (WiFi or cabled)

Associate
What features are important to you? Hot swappable switches, media buttons, specific switch types...

What size Keyboard do you want? (Full size, TKL, 75/60%)

HK, RK, Epomaker all have keyboards in that price range

Soldato
OP
What features are important to you? Hot swappable switches, media buttons, specific switch types...

What size Keyboard do you want? (Full size, TKL, 75/60%)

HK, RK, Epomaker all have keyboards in that price range
I'm not keyboard mad, just a nice quiet, comfy keyboard thats backlit, I guess 75% or 60% as I don't normally do work off my gaming PC

Last edited:
Associate
£60 wont get you much tbh, def worth spending 10-20 more at least. Even on ocers u can see they only have some basic stuff at £60, some being membrane rather than mechanical. Something like the "Logitech G213 Prodigy" or " Razer Cynosa V2" will fit the requirements but for £74.99 you could have the mechanical logitech gpro tkl or £78 for the razer blackwidow v3 tkl (from bezos). Probably worth holding on until July 12th for prime day tho for the best deals. If you want quiet though its going to be more premium with internal foam etc for sound dampening

Associate
I'm not keyboard mad, just a nice quiet, comfy keyboard thats backlit, I guess 75% or 60% as I don't normally do work off my gaming PC
You could get something like an rk61 or rk 68. Those are cheapish hot swap keyboards with backlighting available in ansi and iso.

You could then upgrade keycaps and switches over time.

They go on sale every so often too.

Worth checking out some youtube reviews. If you aren't interested in the hot swap, I've liked havit low short travel keyboards too.

For quiet, you might want to get something with linear switches like red or black. I prefer blacks as I have heavy fingers, but it's personal preference. At least with a hot swap tou can change them if you want.

Associate
As above my Logitech isn’t backlit so budget is £60?

Thanks!
I highly recommend stretching your budget a bit for a Logitech MX Keys (or if you have Amazon Prime, they might do instalments via Prime) if what you're after is a dependable keyboard with a good typing experience.

It's nice, quiet, and extremely comfortable. Not the best for gaming though, and it sure as hell doesn't look the part (it's very minimalist).

They were on sale for £69 back on Prime Day (back now to £99 unfortunately) but the TKL version is currently £76 last I checked on Amazon. Many people, including myself, can say that this is their "endgame keyboard", and for that I think stretching the budget is worth it.

It's got backlighting which turns off automatically, and a sensor that detects your hands the moment you hover over the keyboard (which in turn turns the backlight on). For me personally, the killer feature is how you can easily swap between three devices.

I hope this helps!

Soldato
OP
Ended up buying the Logitech G915 Wireless RGB Tactical Gaming Keyboard - coming this week, I do like Logitech and have used many of the devices, currently have the MX Anywhere 2 for work with my Dell 7320 Detachable I also have the G502 lightspeed gaming mouse, with the G613 lightspeed keyboard, but wanted the RGB ..

Its coming this week so we shall see

Associate
Ended up buying the Logitech G915 Wireless RGB Tactical Gaming Keyboard - coming this week, I do like Logitech and have used many of the devices, currently have the MX Anywhere 2 for work with my Dell 7320 Detachable I also have the G502 lightspeed gaming mouse, with the G613 lightspeed keyboard, but wanted the RGB ..

Its coming this week so we shall see
I hope you like yours! I purchased one earlier this year during the Logitech sales, and ended up returning it. I couldn't get used to the wobbly keys (well, they were wobbly compared to the MX Keys).

It definitely is a looker of a keyboard, and I love the RGB presets. It's also built nicely, it's got a nice heft and feels durable. I just couldn't type on it! :D

Soldato
OP
Well after some time with my new G915 I have to say first impressions are great, coming from the G613 which had a loud(ish) click and travel the G915 (brown switches) is a lot less in sound sense, travel feels a lot less but very smooth, going to change the WASD keys for some snazzy red key caps but other than that and some static RGB colours I’m really pleased with it!

Back
Top Bottom