Back to DT770 80ohm Pro?

Associate
Hi there guys I just purchased dt 770 80ohms from rainforest warehouse in like new condition. They sound is very different from what I remembered. The ones I had roughly 10 months ago, the bass sounded thunderous whereas on these it's pretty tight and slightly boosted? The ones I received today look like new but could these be fakes or is it me?

Soldato
10 months is long time for hearing which starts to forget the second music ends...
Further human hearing isn't anykind absolute meter but more like relative.
So what you've been listening during this time and what's the reference point affects how brain process that data coming from ear.

Also if different source device can have effect.
And if previous ones had different impedance there are some differences between versions.

Associate
OP
I had the same ohm version and source. It might be me. Also 10 months ago they were my first ever headphones except cheap Sony ones for 15 pounds.

Im bit worried that somebody purchased them on rainforest and sent fake ones back. To me they look really. They have buyers sticker on the inside .

I will conectors them to my friends amp as I was using my denon 40 dab amplifier to listen to them.

From what I remembered they sounded really thunderous and bassy whereas these have bass which is not overwhelming highs and mids. They sound good. Maybe the person who got them before me burned them in thus they arenot so thunderous ? I mean they sound so much better than my clouds II

Any ideas if sound changes on these headphones after burn in period?

Soldato
I thought DT770s weren't meant to be that bassy? I have 600 ohm DT990s which are meant to be the bassiest of the 770/880/990, and even these aren't that bassy. If you've had cheapy boomtish headphones in the interim, you've probably gotten used to their sound.

Soldato
I doubt they are fake. I don't think Beyer's are popular enough for anyone to make fake ones. You generally see fakes of headphones that the masses buy, or ones that are easy to manufacture.

Someone posted a similar thing on Head-Fi; but upon posting pictures, many agreed they looked genuine.

Refurb doesn't mean much other than they are open box, so possible they may have a fault. Also possible as esat says, human memory is poor when it comes to remembering how something sounds. 10 months is a long time and it depends what other headphones you've used in that time.

Associate
OP
I doubt they are fake. I don't think Beyer's are popular enough for anyone to make fake ones. You generally see fakes of headphones that the masses buy, or ones that are easy to manufacture.

Someone posted a similar thing on Head-Fi; but upon posting pictures, many agreed they looked genuine.

Refurb doesn't mean much other than they are open box, so possible they may have a fault. Also possible as esat says, human memory is poor when it comes to remembering how something sounds. 10 months is a long time and it depends what other headphones you've used in that time.
I have used vsonic vsd3s and brainwavz b100m lately for my daily driver. Before I used cheap skull candy headphones and earphones.

I will give them another try today and post some pictures later this evening

Soldato
If you want more bass for music just add some EQ in the lower frequencies.
My Sony MDR-1As and even my HD650s have plenty of growl and thump by adding just 3db to the 32Hz and 50Hz bands and 1.5db to the 80Hz band to give it a more gradual change.

For playing music I use MusicBee.

Back
Top Bottom