backlight keyboards who's got one?

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Backlit keyboards never really seem like a good idea - as it is the source of illumintaion that you are trying to read you are bound to come across issues. Cant really speak for the linked keyboard though.
Normal keyboard + a reading light is a winner in my book, or learning to touch type =P

Soldato
G15 V1 Love it and Wouldnt buy anything else!!!

+1, I picked up a V1 Logitech G15 from the Members Market for £27.50, and I love it!

Best keyboard I have ever used/owned..

BIGBC said:
Backlit keyboards never really seem like a good idea - as it is the source of illumintaion that you are trying to read you are bound to come across issues.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this mate?

I quite often sit and game in the dark, so backlit keys are perfect imo..

Last edited:
Associate
I don't quite understand what you mean by this mate?

I quite often sit and game in the dark, so backlit keys are perfect imo..

Because the keys normally just have transparent letters to give it the illuminated effect you are looking at a beam of light coming through a hole, its like the pin hole effect - as it is the source of the light it grows into the surrounding (relative) dark.
Think of sun rays coming through the clouds - you cant tell what shape the hole the lights coming through. Granted that is an extreme example.
Anyway its much easier for the eyes to pick up detail (like letters) off a lit up surface than an light source.
All backlit keyboards ive used Ive had to turn the lights off anyway to be able to use them comfortably. Its like driving when someone has a light on in the back of the car, its really distracting as your focus is elsewhere (the screen) to have light coming to your eyes from somewhere else (the keyboard).

Meh, theyre not for me. Tho I dont need to see the keyboard as is; so its not an issue for me.

Soldato
I have the opposite:
front-view-ult-794x395.png

Back
Top Bottom