Bad driving from a lorry driver, would you call the company?

Associate
A lorry driver drove into my (middle) lane without looking and forced me into the fast lane almost causing a crash, and gave me the two finger salute when i beep the horn, would you complain to the company?

Associate
I would have took the registration plate and complained there and then Whilst I was still in a rage (I dont have road rage) it’s just not that hard to be considerate whilst driving, or even mirror/signal/menouver! but if it was later on I would probably just of left it. There’s no need for drivers acting like that in this day and age but that’s just me!

Soldato
Dunno what I'd do once I'd calmed down but one of our employees gave the fingers etc to somebody after they beeped their horn at him because of his poor driving, that complaint led to an investigation which they found he was also in a totally different area to where he was supposed to be, he got sacked

Soldato
I'd report it if I thought it merited it. That may not.

I did report a guy recently. I saw this lorry coming at about 35 mph at a roundabout and then do a U turn around it before speeding off. It really wasn't safe and I was quite surprised that he didn't tip over.

Soldato
Get used to it because this is a daily occurrence on the roads, once you start to do the milage weekly you soon get over it, toys back in the pram please.

Associate
OP
Yeah I got all the lorry details, (HD camera for the win).. also went to locate the company director's name. did a quick search, there were quite a few complaint about driving on their facebook and google page..

Soldato
Behaving like an ass with your company logo on you, you can expect a complaint.

I had a guy on my daily train out of London who decided that cutting his toe nails on a crowded commuter train was acceptable, a number of people complained, he was rude and obnoxious in return while he was sporting his company shirt and ID badge round his neck.

A quick email after googling his company, I got an reply apologising and saying action would be taken. I'd like to think they locked him a small room to limit his contact with civilised human beings (rarely found on trains out of London at 5:30)

Soldato
I would. But I can't memorize a number plate and/or a phone number in the few seconds I'd have. And I can't and wouldn't get my phone out to take a picture.

Man of Honour
I'd report it if I thought it merited it. That may not.

I did report a guy recently. I saw this lorry coming at about 35 mph at a roundabout and then do a U turn around it before speeding off. It really wasn't safe and I was quite surprised that he didn't tip over.

Large pinch of salt required for this one, first off you don’t do U turns at roundabouts, you drive around them, and go back the way you came if you wish, perfectly legal.
Second of all, as someone who drove 44 ton articulated trucks from London to Paris, Warsaw, Milan, and Athens and back, I know that it’s impossible to drive a truck around a roundabout at 35m.p.h., empty or loaded.

Man of Honour
Second of all, as someone who drove 44 ton articulated trucks from London to Paris, Warsaw, Milan, and Athens and back, I know that it’s impossible to drive a truck around a roundabout at 35m.p.h., empty or loaded.

Have you driven some of the latest Mercedes? they can turn like crazy not to mention the automatic gearing makes them a pieces of **** to drive compared to older stuff.

Also you'd be going around some roundabouts a good bit more than 35mph depending on the road and size.

Associate
You need evidence (dash cam recording)

Some years ago (before dash cams) I was just getting onto the M1 and indicating as normal and a van picked me at random to block me getting onto the motorway. He sped up and then slowed down and basically blocked me getting onto the motorway and forced me into the ditch off the hard shoulder. I stopped and called the police and they were not interested at all, gave them the van reg and everthing.

Without video evidence and an independent witness you have nothing

Soldato
Yes report but you need evidence or eye witnesses to do anything.

I have a dashcam because any idiot seems to think it's their human right for them to drive when and how they want legally or otherwise.

Man of Honour
Have you driven some of the latest Mercedes? they can turn like crazy not to mention the automatic gearing makes them a pieces of **** to drive compared to older stuff.

Also you'd be going around some roundabouts a good bit more than 35mph depending on the road and size.

Not guilty, I gave up trucking altogether around 79 to 80, but one of the last ones I drove was a LHD Mercedes, with four gears and a splitter, making eight.
I certainly agree that you could negotiate a roundabout at more than 35 mph if you were going straight across it, if you get my drift, but I think that you’d have to slow considerably if you wanted go right around, and head back in the direction that you came from.

Permabanned
To be honest I think the company would be shocked if their drivers weren't driving like absolute tools. Even lorry drivers know that lorry drivers are scum....

Back
Top Bottom