Bad driving from a lorry driver, would you call the company?

Soldato
I have a dashcam because I drive around Birmingham

I have a dashcam when I drive my HGV - because the amount of cars that pull in about 10ft in front of you in heavy rain on the motorway is unreal!

There are so many Darwin examples on the roads nowadays! And these aren't the crash for cash ones!

If they slam their brakes on when I'm 10ft behind them - sorry but you are getting squished as I cannot stop as quick as you - my vehicle weighs 10+ times what your car does!

Caporegime
We’re you along side the truck, just behind the cab by any chance? - you may have been in his blind spot - tbh, it sounds like you encountered a moron alas.

Report him by all means, it’s tossers like him who give us a bad reputation.

35 mph around a roundabout in an empty artic is doable but unwise imo, depends on the size of the roundabout really.

It’s the outside lane not the fast lane. ;)

Man of Honour
I have reviewed the footage and I would say that you are to blame for that..

https://i.imgur.com/05bvBV0.mp4

rubberduck won’t agree with that!

To be honest I think the company would be shocked if their drivers weren't driving like absolute tools. Even lorry drivers know that lorry drivers are scum....

Stand back, he who knows best is here to tell us the word from on high,
check out post # 23 ducky.

I have a dashcam when I drive my HGV - because the amount of cars that pull in about 10ft in front of you in heavy rain on the motorway is unreal!

There are so many Darwin examples on the roads nowadays! And these aren't the crash for cash ones!

If they slam their brakes on when I'm 10ft behind them - sorry but you are getting squished as I cannot stop as quick as you - my vehicle weighs 10+ times what your car does!

You could tell them all day long, there are
none so blind as those that will not see.

We’re you along side the truck, just behind the cab by any chance? - you may have been in his blind spot - tbh, it sounds like you encountered a moron alas.

Report him by all means, it’s tossers like him who give us a bad reputation.

35 mph around a roundabout in an empty artic is doable but unwise imo, depends on the size of the roundabout really.

It’s the outside lane not the fast lane. ;)

Trying to educate them that the outside lane is not the fast lane is futile,
their brain computers cannot understand that.

Associate
That's unfortunate, but if he's driving like a tool also no excuse. Needing to make a living is not some impenetrable shield against consequence.

Soldato
So,

A lorry driver drove into my (middle) lane without looking and forced me into the fast lane almost causing a crash, and gave me the two finger salute when i beep the horn, would you complain to the company?

Were you or were you not attempting to "Close the Door" on the truck in order to prevent him from passing a slower vehicle in L1??.

Why, when you saw the Truck gaining on a slower vehicle did you not pre-emptivly move into L3 in order to give the truck space to pull into L2 to pas safely without being forced to slow down?

;)

Soldato
So,

Were you or were you not attempting to "Close the Door" on the truck in order to prevent him from passing a slower vehicle in L1??.

Why, when you saw the Truck gaining on a slower vehicle did you not pre-emptivly move into L3 in order to give the truck space to pull into L2 to pas safely without being forced to slow down?

;)

Regarding moving over to let people out of the left/slow lane; Whilst that's generally what I think people do (myself included) as it's polite and just gets people moving. Don't you have to give way to people in the lane you wish to move into? Otherwise chaos ensues.

i.e. If you have to slow down because you're unable to overtake, then tuff-titties, don't force someone out the way just because "they didn't let you".

If you're right and this was the case, then it's just two morons being morons IMO.

Soldato
Regarding moving over to let people out of the left/slow lane; Whilst that's generally what I think people do (myself included) as it's polite and just gets people moving. Don't you have to give way to people in the lane you wish to move into? Otherwise chaos ensues.

i.e. If you have to slow down because you're unable to overtake, then tuff-titties, don't force someone out the way just because "they didn't let you".

If you're right and this was the case, then it's just two morons being morons IMO.

Jerks who are Jerks and then justify thier Jerkishness on the grounds that "Its my right to be a Jerk" are probabally the worst Jerks of all.

We should have an offense (I think we used to) of simple inconsiderate driving. And yes, it should be possible for somebody to be prosecuted, under certain circumstances, for (say) deliberately "Closing the Door" on another driver even if, technically, they have the priority.

Soldato
Yes i would, The driver is supposed to be Professional, I would even consider passing the video on to the local police as most now have teams for looking at dangerous driving the company Facebook page also if it has loads of bad feedback for poor driving.

If no one reports it, they'll keep driving like a tool and one day possibly kill someone.

Soldato
Sometimes I'm temped to get one of those LED signs and send them a message before speeding off :D

I suppose if you have footage, it gives you a bit more leverage if you want to make a complaint...

Soldato
tbh Even if you ring the company I very much doubt they will do anything about it.
It would be your word against the drivers.

I drive about 100 miles a day (have done for about 4 years now) and have only seen once such incident happen, never had it happen to me thank god. (apart from the driver who tried to do it to me on purpose about 7/8 years ago, but that's a story for another time)

BUT, and this bit is important, I have learned that lorry drivers do not give a **** how close you are or what speed you are doing, if there is enough space to squeeze in to they will do it, so I drive very defensively for this reason, and can often be found in my car calling lorry drivers %$£^s
Given their blind spots making them pretty much completely blind to any vehicle anywhere within a 4 miles radius, it also invokes mild panic when they indicate to pull out and I am already alongside them.

Caporegime
If you've got footage then report them, an accident caused by a lorry when you're in a car... on a motorway... can be rather nasty!

For the driver to not only shrug off a near miss that was his fault but to then act abusively isn't on at all.

Problem is if it is some small transport company then it might be run by some numpty who doesn't care and probably considers a compliant like that as something from a time waster.

On the other hand if it is a multinational with a legal dept they'd likely be interested in a driver nearly causing an accident and then having a really bad attitude towards it... a driver like that is a liability they probably won't want.

Back
Top Bottom