Bad driving from a lorry driver, would you call the company?

Soldato
You need evidence (dash cam recording)

Some years ago (before dash cams) I was just getting onto the M1 and indicating as normal and a van picked me at random to block me getting onto the motorway. He sped up and then slowed down and basically blocked me getting onto the motorway and forced me into the ditch off the hard shoulder. I stopped and called the police and they were not interested at all, gave them the van reg and everthing.

Without video evidence and an independent witness you have nothing
If there is no room to join just slow down, even stop, why would you continue driving into a ditch? O_o

Soldato
Large pinch of salt required for this one, first off you don’t do U turns at roundabouts, you drive around them, and go back the way you came if you wish, perfectly legal.
Second of all, as someone who drove 44 ton articulated trucks from London to Paris, Warsaw, Milan, and Athens and back, I know that it’s impossible to drive a truck around a roundabout at 35m.p.h., empty or loaded.

It was very much more of a u-turn, though. It wasn't a big roundabout, maybe 3 m wide. The speed he was going at was completely inappropriate. If there had been any unexpected cars or people in his path, they would be dead. This is at a roundabout surrounded by 3 x 30 mph limits, and 1 x 40 mph limit (not the road he was coming down), so there are people around all the time.

Man of Honour
Jean is right in that respect - you ain't pulling a 44 footer around a 3m wide round-about at anything like 30mph - off the top of my head it would have to be around 12-14m minimum.

Man of Honour
Jean is right in that respect - you ain't pulling a 44 footer around a 3m wide round-about at anything like 30mph - off the top of my head it would have to be around 12-14m minimum.

Rroff, don’t come on here telling the obvious truth, sounding
like from experience, you KNOW that they don’t like that.

There is no such thing as the "fast lane"

You too Dave, remember, there are a lot of soi-disant
driving experts on here, they know what’s what.

Last edited:
Soldato
Reported something yesterday, when a company stickered up van, decided to drive at my motorcycle, whilst filtering - all the time he was giving me a 'hand shaking gesture' (aka "Nescafe").

Got it on my [albeit poor] helmet cam, and sent it over to the email address for the company - but doubt anything will be done, as they have a lot of online complaints about their van drivers.

IMO, if you're in a company vehicle with the business livery - drive like a pro!

Soldato
A lorry driver drove into my (middle) lane without looking and forced me into the fast lane almost causing a crash, and gave me the two finger salute when i beep the horn, would you complain to the company?

Course he did, he's a 'professional driver' and as such he can cut people up and is not required to obey the rules of the road, only those he personally lives by.

Back
Top Bottom