Poll: Bahrain Grand Prix 2022 - Race 1

Rate the 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I think RBR are going to dominate this season, shame, would have been good to see McLaren being more competitive but it's a long season so I can only hope.

Caporegime
Merc still seem to be nowhere in the speed trap . Lewis still not using DRS apparently as well.

Either the porpoising is leading to this...or they are heavily underrunning the engine still.

I'd be shocked if they have somehow still not got the fastest engine.

Soldato
Not sure why people are so surprised to see Haas doing OK, they were quite clear they weren't bothering last year because they were putting their time into the 2022 car.

They've achieved top 6 race finishes in 4 of their 6 seasons, they've not always been a joke back marker team.

Man of Honour
Not sure why people are so surprised to see Haas doing OK, they were quite clear they weren't bothering last year because they were putting their time into the 2022 car.

They've achieved top 6 race finishes in 4 of their 6 seasons, they've not always been a joke back marker team.

Exactly this - I know they had a lot of help from Ferrari initially but they had a decent first few years in the midfield; they certainly as a new entrant in 2016 were a lot better than the previous 3 (HRT/Virgin/Caterham)

Soldato
Merc still seem to be nowhere in the speed trap . Lewis still not using DRS apparently as well.

Either the porpoising is leading to this...or they are heavily underrunning the engine still.

He absolutely used DRS on his fast laps in FP3 you could see it open. It was in FP2 he didn't and so was 0.5s off Russell.

No-one is surprised.

V F

V F

Soldato
What a state Lewis is in with his so called fashion that I once remember how decent he looked from 4 - 6 years ago. You don't see other drivers trying to look all gangsta.

Caporegime
OP
No-one is surprised.

I'm surprised. They peaked at 5th in 2018, and have seemed increasingly dire these past three seasons. The decision making (or finances) that led to hooking with the Mazepins also didn't point to a team on the rise, and I figured two rookies would hamper their chances at development. I expected them to be backmarkers again not fighting for the midfield.

Have to say, with all three Ferrari engined teams looks strong, it does look like Ferrari may have a decent motor for the coming years.

Edit Interesting, the winner of the F3 sprint race has been penalised for track limits and demoted, with the amount we've seen them running over in practice/testing so far I wonder whether that will come into play today/tomorrow.

Caporegime

It looks that way. Williams, Aston and McLaren all using Merc power plants and look way down the pecking order.

Associate
Sandbagging Mercedes , happens every year .

Eyes are on Russell as far as I’m concerned. I firmly believe he’ll be giving Lulu a run for his money .

Who is Lulu? If you mean Lewis then at have some respect for another human to refer to him by his name given to him by his parents or are you 5 year old resorting to name calling because you do not like someone because of reasons.

Soldato
Yup, we all know they'll suddenly appear on the scene after all these predictions that they're 3rd best.
I'm not so sure. It seems a lot of time and effort to go to to "pretend" you are slow... Granted we havnt seen engine turned up properly yet, I'm just not sold that they have been sandbagging this year. Its been pretty evident that they are struggling to get the car in the performance window, seems unstable and unpredictable at the moment.
I dont for a second think they wont get on top of it eventually but I think they will struggle the first few races.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom