Ballpark figure for loft conversion on a flat? (London)

Soldato
Our landlord's did a tremendous job turning our first floor flat into a two-storey 'duplex'. We were wondering ballpark on how much that would have cost them? How much would it cost to do something similar;
  • Knock through lounge/bedroom to make open-plan kitchen/lounge (move kitchen)
  • Convert loft into second story (+2 bedrooms, +1 bathroom, stairs up obviously)
Bearing in mind this is in west London, in a semi detached victorian house.

Curious as to what it would cost? :confused:

Soldato
I would say probably:
    • Convert loft into second story (+2 bedrooms, +1 bathroom, stairs up obviously) - 30 to 40k

• also interested to see what others think this would cost in your location :)

Soldato
OP
but the first ask was to knock through - i thought it was an extension
if its an extension I agree with your quote but otherwise no.
The flat went from being all on the 1st floor: 2 bedrooms, 1 small kitchen, 1 lounge, 1 bathroom

To this, 1st floor: open-plan kitchen/diner/lounge and 2nd floor (loft conversion): 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom

(The kitchen also moved from the back of the 1st floor to the front open-living area, still 1st floor)

Convert loft into second story (+2 bedrooms, +1 bathroom, stairs up obviously) - 30 to 40k
Are you including the new bathroom in that price? Seems very low but alas I do know nothing about this stuff :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom