1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bank Statements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marcg868, Mar 13, 2018.

1. marcg868

Gangster

Was wondering if anyone banks with Nationwide and Royal Bank of Scotland.
    We are applying for a Mortgage with Precise Mortgages,who are extremely strict with paperwork.
    I printed my online statements off from Nationwide but they don't have my address on. Will they be able to print ones with my address on in Branch or can I order them?

Same also for my mum as she is providing half our deposit and they need to see my Mums also, she banks with rbs.

My partners statements from Lloyd's were accepted fine.

2. Richie

Soldato

With RBS you need to download the statements as PDFs which then show your address

3. marcg868

Gangster

Cheers how does my mum access them to download as PDF's?
    Managed to do mine with Nationwide.

4. Delvis

Caporegime

With online banking?

Otherwise she'll need to go in branch / phone them up and pay for copies

5. FBi7

Hitman

I bank with Nationwide. I just downloaded my February 2018 statement, which contained my name and address.

6. Syla5

Mobster

Erm no. Shouldn't need to pay for any copies of bank statements from any bank.

7. Begbie

Capodecina

8. Delvis

Caporegime

You do in some, particularly if you have paperless banking

9. Rroff

Man of Honour

Some places are pretty strict and will only accept statements as printed by the bank on their headed paper - which some branches (not sure if any can) can't do and will have to be sent to you.

10. Syla5

Mobster

Historic statements are those which are so old they are archived. For mortgage applications as per the OP's needs you will not have to pay any bank for the paper statements.

100% definitely not from either of the banks the OP mentioned.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  11. Delvis

Caporegime

That's why I was talking in a generic sense.

You are more in a position to answer though!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  12. marcg868

Gangster

My Mum had to order them, no charge. She could only download one month with full address details and the rest via post.
    Once these arrive and are scanned that's all paperwork is in and it's the dreaded wait to see if we get the mortgage.
    Feel physically sick waiting.

13. sovietspybob

Wise Guy

I had to order some from HSBC as i was paperless and it cost me about £15 to get say 9 months of statements :( very annoying so i've since turned off paperless just in case i need them again.

14. Ross1234

Mobster

What I did was print off all the statements from nationwide, which do have your address if you print the months individually. Then I took them to the branch who were very helpful and stamped them to verify them as accurate. For my savings accounts which do not have proper statements I sent a secure message to nationwide on my online banking and they sent me some proper statements in the post with my name and address on them.

15. Richie

Soldato

From Main Page:

"Statements" (top left) ---> "View, save and print PDF statements and certificates of interest (up to 7 years)" ---> Select Account ---> Hit "Next" ---> Select the Statement you want then hit "View Statement" ---> Select "Download Stetment (PDF)"

This will save a copy in PDF with your address in it