Banking error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Has anyone come across this before?

Paid my rent and council tax on the 10th via the stoke council website and paid via paypal as I always do. Total £371.

My available balance went down and all I had in the account was 30 odd quid for car tax DD and home insurance DD.

I got a receipt from paypal and one from the council conforming payment.

Fast forward to Saturday I logged onto my online banking and I find my available balance is over £400. Ive not long started a new job at the post office but payday isn't until end of month.

Ive gone thru my statement and the council payment isn't on there. It deffo went thru as I got receipts. I rang the council this morning to see if the payment was recieved and they say it was credited to my rent account on the 12th.

So whats gone wrong? Council say the have the money. Bank dosent record the payment at all yet I have receipts from paypal and council.

Paypal say money is paid and its in my account history

Confused.com!

Soldato
Had something similar where a bacs payment to a supplier 'failed' at my end so I sent it again. It only went out once from my account but the supplier contacted me to say they had received it twice.

The system will rectify itself at some point and the payment will be revoked their end, it took quite a few weeks in my example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom