1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banks Tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WuMyster, 25 Dec 2015.

1. Jono8

Caporegime

Totally depends though . Many businesses will be closed till Tuesday now.

Only way to find out is call them in the morning. Otherwise we are all just ****ing in the wind :p

2. hyperseven

Sgarrista

I flipped a coin, landed on tails, so no, not open; as viable as any other answer up to now :D

3. LeeUK

Soldato

Banks open on Boxing Day? Ha they hardly open on Saturday's, and when they do it's something stupid like 9.30am-12noon.

In my opinion I think it is a bit selfish expecting people to work at Christmas when they are not in the business of saving lives.

4. asim18

Capodecina

I feel sorry for anyone who ever actually needs to go into a bank let alone on boxing day lmao :D

5. NexusK

PermaBanned

Because everyone has a butler.

6. arctine

Mobster

Because in this age of online banking most people regularly need to go into a bank in the first place, let alone on boxing day.

7. Regy53

Mobster

on Christmas eve the ques for the banks at 9am were unreal, it was a little worrying that somehow they couldn't work a cashpoint, or online banking etc...

reading this makes it worse, i mean sure i suppose sometimes you just need a bank but they are going to be closed no longer than a weekend?

8. NexusK

PermaBanned

Shock horror sometimes people need to go into a physical bank. Why should he feel sorry for someone who does?

9. LeeUK

Soldato

Cash machine at the sub post office at the end of my road has been "out of service" since christmas eve afternoon. I wouldn't care but it's a very popular machine. You would think people didn't know how to pay using a debit card.

Funny watching folk pull up in their cars and spedding off again. :D

10. oldbag

Sgarrista

Hrm, given that boxing day is officially Monday and tomorrow is a normal day, they might be.

11. neoboy

Capodecina

Only times I've had to visit a bank over last few years is to open a student account and odd occasion when I had to put cash into my account. Even then I would just use the machine to do so, wish they would have them outside to be fair so could use them even when banks are closed.

12. Spook187

Sgarrista

Oh dear another person who can't function on a holiday.

13. WuMyster

Wise Guy

I'm not bothered if they're not open, I'd just like to go tomorrow. Not selfish at all.

I'm not in a rush, just would like to go in tomorrow. Can wait till after new years for all I care.

Yeah I'm only wanting to put cash in using the machines (that's all I go to the bank to do). Saturdays arent staffed anyway.

14. Eatchipz

Wise Guy

Depending on your bank you can do this at your local post office. Which may have a better chance on being open tomorrow considering that a lot of branches are in shops now where they have a post office till at there counters which is open when the shop is open.

Well I know this because mine is open tomorrow because I am working in it.

15. asim18

Capodecina

Seriously? No one enjoys going to a bank. No one has ever woken up one day and said "Yay today I'm going to have lots of fun at HSBC", unless you've just won the lottery :p. Banking is a chore at the end of the day and having to physically go to one is even more so and I feel sorry for anyone who needs to go to one especially on boxing day.

Last edited: 26 Dec 2015
  16. MrMoonX

PermaBanned

Banks are basically retail now, So wouldn't be surprised if they are horse whipping their staff into work on Boxing Day, Gotta sell those loans and dodgy ppi

17. dr_volki

Wise Guy

i need to go the bank. security dongle isnt working this morning for my business account :mad:

18. StriderX

Caporegime

Bunch of luddites. :mad:

19. Hades

Caporegime

So OP is it open today? The tension is unbearable waiting to find out! *

* may not be true

Last edited: 26 Dec 2015
  20. WuMyster

Wise Guy

Thanks to those who said it may be open, it was.