Banned for 20 years!

Zip

Zip

Soldato
This happend down here the other day.:eek:

Video in the top corner shows the brawl.

Junior rugby league player banned for 20 years after brawl
A JUNIOR rugby league player has been banned for 20 years after attacking another player in a vicious grand final brawl.
The 16-year-old Blacktown City player faced the judiciary in Sydney last night after the all-in fight, which left Lower Mountains player Miki Hughes, 16, with a broken nose and suspected eye fracture.

Two other Blacktown City players who faced the judiciary were suspended for five years and another of their was teammates ousted for two years.

They now cannot play rugby league anywhere in Australia.

Penrith and District Junior Rugby League junior league manager Don Feltis said the 20-year suspension reflected the actions of the "worst offender" on the day who "did all the damage".

"I think every player penalised deserved what they got," Mr Feltis said last night.

He said the tough penalty showed that officials would not tolerate violence in the game.

He said the manager of the Blacktown City team has also been cited for using offensive and threatening language towards match officials.

Some parents were also seen giving high-fives to players as they left the field, he said.

"That in itself is very disappointing ... I am embarrasssed for our district," Mr Feltis said.

Shocking footage, capturing the dying minutes of Saturday's under-16 Penrith and District Junior Rugby League match, shows players from the Lower Mountains chased from the field by their opponents.

Miki Hughes was admitted to hospital following the melee.

His mother Susanne Hughes last night said she felt helpless watching from the stand as her son was attacked.

"I feel that I failed, standing there having to watch him go through that," Mrs Hughes said.

Detectives investigating the fight are examining the footage and are appealing for spectators with extra mobile phone footage to come forward.

Lower Mountains Junior Rugby League club secretary Kerri Eisenhuth said the vicious brawl shocked the junior rugby league community.

"I've never seen anything like this before.," Ms Eisenhuth said.

Police investigations are continuing with some players facing possible assault charges.

The. brawl is the third violent incident involving teams from the Blacktown City junior rugby league club this season.

In July, two men were charged after an assault in a carpark following an under-12s game.

A Blacktown supporter also allegedly grabbed a 13-year-old player from Katoomba on the neck on the same weekend.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,26115686-5005401,00.html

One of the guys from work who lived in Sydney said the area that it happend in is a pretty crap and violent area and the 2 towns that the teams are from dont get along at all.

But anyway. Ive seen fights with Juniors in sport before but nothing that got as serious as this:eek:

Soldato
as if he want angry and violent enough , now a 20 year ban will only increase his violence and anger . it doesn't help him, only moves the problem somewhere else.

Soldato
We had a couple of all in brawls in under 17's rugby, nowt special. Playing under 19's there was an all in brawl with all the crowd and players, club got fined a couple of thousand pounds over it.

Worst ban i have ever seen, well, seen it twice was 'Sine Die' (indefinite ban in amateur rugby league terms) for two players. One for a gut flooring the ref (never played again) and the other for a guy hitting a lad so hard that he broke the cheekbone and jaw he hit with his fist and the shock through the lads face gave him a compound facture of his eye socket on the other side of his face (he was allowed to play again after serving 4 years of a ban and going back before a panel)!

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
Didn't look to bad to me, Just a few lads having a scuffle. They're all fit lads & all seemed up for it, I'd leave them to it.

I think he was given 20 because he was laying into him when 2 others were holding him.

Could also be trying to show what will happen if it happens again.

Associate
After the amount of bad press from the NRL this year a long ban isn't that much of a surprise, would be nice to see them dish long bans out to some of the NRL players but that will never happen due to $$$

Back
Top Bottom