Barclays Online Banking - Service Unavailable?

Associate
Have attempted to login to Barclays Online Banking however receive error,

"... 1100 - Sorry - we are unable to log you into Online Banking as your details do not match our records. Please carefully re-enter your details. If you've forgotten your log-in details, select either 'I've Forgotten my log-in details?' or 'Forgotten membership number' link. ..."

This has been going on since Saturday. I've even clicked on 'forgotten membership link' just to check that the details I input were correct and the membership number displayed matches the same one I usually log in with. I was certain that all the credentials input were exactly the same and have tried both the passcode and PINSentry method without success; returning the error above.

So decided to email them to query if they were aware of any service issues,

When completing the email via web form: https://bank.barclays.co.uk/olb/auth/FeedbackForm.action

And clicked 'Next' I received error, "... 5 - Sorry - Barclays Online Banking is currently unavailable ..."

Sure it's not too much to ask that this be displayed when you click the 'Log In' button on homepage with an ETA on fix.

I've been trying since Saturday to no avail.

Please could anyone else confirm whether they're having issues logging into Online Banking?

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks, maybe cookies playing up.
Already cleared them though.
Will try downloading Firefox for sake of testing ..
Will update later... going out for a bit.

Associate
OP
no joy with Firefox either, same errors
perhaps my Online Banking account is locked out
a visit to local branch tomorrow it is then

thanks for replies reassuring me that it's my account playing up rather than the service

Associate
OP
Spook187, I just downloaded and performed a fresh install of Firefox without any addons
My default browser Maxthon3 is IE based and that don't work either.
Suspect it's my account for unknown reasons.

Soldato
Spook187, I just downloaded and performed a fresh install of Firefox without any addons
My default browser Maxthon3 is IE based and that don't work either.
Suspect it's my account for unknown reasons.

No worries mate, do you use the card reader device they sent out for logging on or just membership number.

Associate
OP
^fails on both, tried (the cardreader) PINSentry device and passcode method

edit: unless you mean it's some other card device where the membership number isn't required?

I think you have to have the membership number regardless. It's on the next screen where you select passcode or PINSentry method.

Soldato
No point going into the branch, they cannot help you. All they will do is put you on the "service phone" to the OLB helpdesk. Might as well ring them from the comfort of your own home / place of work.

Man of Honour
^fails on both, tried (the cardreader) PINSentry device and passcode method

edit: unless you mean it's some other card device where the membership number isn't required?

I think you have to have the membership number regardless. It's on the next screen where you select passcode or PINSentry method.

i use my card number rather than membership number to login

Back
Top Bottom