Could fix some more airflow?
That case is certainly begging
For some hard-line tubing loop

Associate
OP
Bottom one should be intake
Not exhaust?
Obviously noctua is a good make
I figured if I had the bottom fan blowing slightly colder air up onto the GC would be better.ive tried both ways with both fans and its obv to me the GC needs watercooled.i have my 3950x cooled with an ek pe 360 kit I think it is and its never seeing much over 70 which I'm happy with.thoughi could only mount the pump to one hole in the thermaltake bracket.not a problem as it's 29kg empty and doesn't move lol

Soldato
I figured if I had the bottom fan blowing slightly colder air up onto the GC would be better.ive tried both ways with both fans and its obv to me the GC needs watercooled.i have my 3950x cooled with an ek pe 360 kit I think it is and its never seeing much over 70 which I'm happy with.thoughi could only mount the pump to one hole in the thermaltake bracket.not a problem as it's 29kg empty and doesn't move lol
As long as the pump mount
Isn't vibrating yeah
Only got 1 screw holding mine
Though bottom of the mount
Is rubber which stops vibration
Anyway
So looks like you are set to
Water cool anyway
So the air flow you already have
Should suffice

Associate
OP
Yea it's just the pump as Res bit that's confusing lol
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-xtop-spc-60-pwm-plexi-incl.-pump-wc-9az-ek.html and https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alph...mm-fluid-reservoir-black-white-wc-08a-ac.html is what I'm looking at I know now I need a male to male G1/4 to connect pump and Res I'm unsure if I need any plugs for the Res as it has 8 inlets.the pump has 1 inlet so you m unsure if I need 7 G1/4 plugs for the rad .I know this pump I can make fit as it's similar to my other pump

Associate
OP
Thought about that but the 3950 is overclocked all core to 4.4 so it can get quite toasty and I don't want to add to the CPU temps.also pump at max is 250ltr an hr and don't think it would cope tbh.case is designed for two separate loops and it looks kinda barecon one side of the case.

Associate
OP
Got the graphics card loop built today and when I took the stock cooler off there was at least a good 3rd of the die with no tim and very little on the rest of the die either.everything went smooth and I actually really enjoyed putting it all together.temps are a massive drop.played bff for an hr and never went above 45 degrees and hit 2165 on the core.it did hard lock at 2180mhz so that's the lower limit reached.i need a custom bios now lol.thanks everyone for your help it was much appreciated.best of all though is no more annoying ramping of the fans every 20 seconds

Back
Top Bottom