Base null in centre of room

Soldato
Hi guys. Seems what ever I do with Sub placement I just end up with a large null in the centre of my room. Unfortunately the centre of the room is my seating position.
Room is more or less a perfect 12ft square which from reading about means I’m pretty much stuffed for centre room acoustics?

Do I just admit defeat and change all my speaker placements for more of a rear wall seating position? Running 7.1 at the moment so would have to drop to 5.1 obviously as rear wall seating is no good for 7.1

Put the Sub in the centre of the room where you sit. Then play some music/movies. Walk around the room and see where you hear/feel the best bass. Put the sub in that location.

Done the sub crawl. I can find the perfect spot while crawling, swap positions and the base still hits 4ft or so Infront and behind my seating position. :mad:

7.1 is overrated anyway IMO.

5.1 with deep bass is better.

What about some Atmos ceiling speakers as well for 5.1.2

Tempted by the 5.1.2 option and sounds like what I will end up doing. Best choice at the front or back if just running 2 Atmos? Can’t remember if my receiver does 5.1.4(runs off to google)

Ok, then you are going to have to change things up. If the Sub is away from the walls, push it closer to the walls, if it's close move it further away. If it's not in the corner, move it into the corner. etc.

If you think the bass null is been caused by reflections from the rear wall, try hanging a duvet there and see what happens. Some pillows in the corners of the room might also help. If one of these things work, you can sort out something that looks better.

Thanks for the reply , looks like I have a busy weekend ahead :D

Tempted by the second sub option as I do have room to grab another SB1000. The rest of the setup is pretty decent (Speakers are Dali opticon 2 MK2’s) so obviously want the best result after spending far too much money :cry:

Back
Top Bottom