*** Battlefield 2042 (Console) ***

Soldato
The games growing on me a bit. It either needs more aim assist or cross play with PC needs to be off, getting clipped before you can even line up your sights gets annoying fast. I am a PC owner as well, I just wouldn't want to play against me.

There's not enough choke points on any map I've played though, constantly getting shot from any angle is also hard work. I think most will head to the Portal very shortly. That looks the nuts, hopefully one of the options is to restrict cross play for server designers in there. That's the only ones I will play on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow, played an hour or so of the trial; turned off cross-play and the game is still damn hard on controller. Enjoyed revisiting the BC2 maps via portal. I'm agog at the lack of an traditional scoreboard!

Associate
I'm more into portal than the rest of the game!

Cross play with my brother. Me on SX, bro on PC. Set up custom games of 2 vs 126 AI rush.

Us being 2042 soldiers with all the gear. AI being 1942 Germans with grenades. We couldn't get out of the spawn :cry:

That's the experience code if anyone fancies trying it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Played a couple of rounds earlier via the ea play trial. Not sure really but the BC Rush maps brought back a ton of great memories. Will keep going throughout this week.

Soldato
Yeah they really need to separate console and pc it's loads better with cross play off. I'm xbox and my mates are PlayStation though.

Soldato
I turned cross play off at the start. I am rusty enough as it is without getting wrecked by mouse users as well. Got up to rank 10 had a few decent rounds. It’s growing on me I am leaning towards the standard edition.

Soldato
I turned cross play off at the start. I am rusty enough as it is without getting wrecked by mouse users as well. Got up to rank 10 had a few decent rounds. It’s growing on me I am leaning towards the standard edition.

It can be good, just needs a lot of fixing and improving. I find the worst thing for me is the hit reg, it seems so random and makes you feel like a trash player most of the time, I often feel like I should have downed that guy 5 metres in front of me, only for him to turn around and down me instantly.

Last edited:
Soldato
It can be good, just needs a lot of fixing and improving. I find the worst thing for me is the hit reg, it seems so random and makes you feel like a trash player most of the time, I often feel like I should have downed that guy 5 metres in front of me, only for him to turn around and down me instantly.

I just put that down to me being a trash player lol. Finding some of the guns really hard to use so I've not settled on anything I like fully yet.

Soldato
Most likely.:D

I'm using the starting smg at present, but it takes so long to level anything due to my crap aiming:D I have also not settled on anything.
Somehow I managed to spawn once with an AKS47u which I think is from BF3? I used to play engineer all the time then so was immediately at home. The SMGs are nicer than the assault rifles. Too much recoil for me. Maybe I'll just play Caspian Border all the time like I used to :D

Caporegime
What on earth have they done with this franchise. Truly ****.

Why can't they take a long look at the games people actually loved and do more like that? Bad Company 2, BF 3 and 4, etc. Gaming is dying thanks to these greedy publishers.

Soldato
What on earth have they done with this franchise. Truly ****.

Why can't they take a long look at the games people actually loved and do more like that? Bad Company 2, BF 3 and 4, etc. Gaming is dying thanks to these greedy publishers.
To be fair it looks like they've tried to address the exact issues you mention with this release to try and please everyone. Sure it's not perfect but most things rarely are.

Associate
Having to turn crossplay off on the xbox account rather than in game is such a load of BS.
Yep very annoying I have the game on ps5 and xbsx through ea play and its very easy to turn off on playstation its the first option tab... xbox nightmare. It's like call of duty warzone xbox you cant turn crossplay off like playstation then once you finally turn it off on xbox you can't get into lobbies.

Back
Top Bottom