*** Battlefield 2042 (Console) ***

Associate
How's everyone finding it since the latest patch?

I'm around level 45 now and I think I've played nothing but Rush since they added it to Portal the other week! Really having a lot of fun with it.

The weekly challenges this week are good too - they've basically incentivized people to revive and plant/defuse in Rush! Hopefully, if they do keep up with the weekly challenge route, they continue down this route of challenges instead of something like '10 kills without dying whilst using a Bolte'.

Soldato
I'm enjoying it, I also think they need to overhaul the achievements. Some of them are stupidly difficult to get and aren't fun at all, seen it done in games would be nice to have some fun ones added in, can't see it though. 20 melee kills in a round being a prime example.

Associate
I'm enjoying it, I also think they need to overhaul the achievements. Some of them are stupidly difficult to get and aren't fun at all, seen it done in games would be nice to have some fun ones added in, can't see it though. 20 melee kills in a round being a prime example.
You can do most of them in the solo vs. AI mode! I got the trophies for 7 kills with the shield in one life and the 20 melee kills playing vs. AI. The others (I have 20 currently, 15 to go) are all just from more playtime and Hazard Zone.

Soldato
You can do most of them in the solo vs. AI mode! I got the trophies for 7 kills with the shield in one life and the 20 melee kills playing vs. AI. The others (I have 20 currently, 15 to go) are all just from more playtime and Hazard Zone.

Thanks buddy but I just think they aren't realistic to get against human players and could be more varied.

Soldato
So I'm level 65 now and can't figure out how I can spawn in someone else's vehicle at the start of the game. Whenever I manage to get a vehicle at the start it's always filled with passengers. How are they doing it? I can move the cursor over things but pressing A does nothing.

It seems to be linked to me not being able to select a loadout too, it's happened a few times where I try and select something then can't get into game.

Associate
So I'm level 65 now and can't figure out how I can spawn in someone else's vehicle at the start of the game. Whenever I manage to get a vehicle at the start it's always filled with passengers. How are they doing it? I can move the cursor over things but pressing A does nothing.

It seems to be linked to me not being able to select a loadout too, it's happened a few times where I try and select something then can't get into game.

Have they patched the "no spawn as passenger" issue? I'm sure I read on consoles you cant spawn as a passenger, but it works on PC.

Associate
Definitely preferring Breakthrough with 64 players, feels a lot less hectic. Glad they've added it in as an option for next-gen / PC, hopefully it doesn't disappear within a week.

Associate
Does anyone else get it that every time you play it forgets all vehicle loadouts and appearance settings? It's doing my head in.
Yep, every single time - although not on every vehicle.

It happens in the light transport and the M1A5 tank, which is super frustrating cos then you're missing the repair addition - but my nightbird and the other chopper always remembers the weapon choice and the appearance.

Soldato
It's the MAV I use most. Then when I notice it I check the others and they are all reset.

Also, has anyone played with crosshair thickness? It doesn't seem to make a difference and is so tiny on my 65" TV I keep losing track.

Soldato
Is this game cross progression between series X and PS5 ??

For example unlocks and levels syncs between both consoles.

If it is how do you set it up ?

Thanks Ben

Associate
Is this game cross progression between series X and PS5 ??

For example unlocks and levels syncs between both consoles.

If it is how do you set it up ?

Thanks Ben
Yep, I swap between playing on PC and on PS5 and unlocks, levels etc. all carry across.

I think in your case all you need to do is make sure that your EA account is connected to both your Xbox and PlayStation account - so if you login to EA and check account connections you can either set it up from here or double check it’s already in place.

Soldato
Anyone else always have to quit the game due to quick resume never letting you connect?

Also today every game has has huge amounts of AI players. Has the player base gone down that much on xbox?

Soldato
Anyone else always have to quit the game due to quick resume never letting you connect?

Also today every game has has huge amounts of AI players. Has the player base gone down that much on xbox?

Yeah I've always got to quit games but goes for any "live service" game unfortunately.

I've also noticed that with the AI, I'd have thought with Xmas there would be loads of new players but the game seems dead. Takes me about 3-4 attempts to get a game on breakthrough.

It's a shame tbh, I think this is head and shoulders better than BF5 and BF1 but everyone seems to have a hard on slating this game. I can see the flaws but come on... It's hardly the worst in the franchise by a LONG way.

Soldato
Managed to fix the cross progression between my Series X and PS5.

My PlayStation account was linked to a very old EA account login. Unlinked it and booted up battle field and then it asks for a new EA account log in. Used the same as the Xbox.

When I login to my EA account online now I can see both Xbox and PSN accounts.

Happy days.

Back
Top Bottom