*** Battlefield 2042 (Console) ***

Associate
I'm really enjoying Battlefield 2042 at the moment.

Online and solo I'm enjoying the gameplay.

Just thought I'd say because I see to many people online bashing it, maybe I'm missing something ??
I'm really enjoying it so you're certainly not alone.

The game definitely has flaws and room for improvement but I really have a lot of fun when I play. I don't know if you use Reddit but there's a lovely 'low sodium' sub reddit for Battlefield 2042 which is made up of people who enjoy the game and want to discuss it. It's a nice change of pace from everyone being pretty angry all the time and having to let everyone know just how angry they are.

Man of Honour
Agreed, absolute shambles. I've went back and been playing on BF4 and BF1 and loving them, much better games than 2042.

I’ve just sold my gaming PC and picked up a Series X; didn’t buy BF2042 again (in fairness I think I paid £25 for it on PC so no great loss) - seems to be a lot still playing BFV on Xbox so will stick with that and Warzone likely!

Soldato
I really do hope they can sort it out, but it's going to need a chunk of work to get it feeling like the true, authentic BF game they sold it as rather than a BF/Warzone hybrid.

Associate
I’ve just sold my gaming PC and picked up a Series X; didn’t buy BF2042 again (in fairness I think I paid £25 for it on PC so no great loss) - seems to be a lot still playing BFV on Xbox so will stick with that and Warzone likely!
I did the same, sold off my gaming PC and moved back to consoles due to being priced out of the graphics card market. Loving my Xbox, I've found that the older Battlefields are still populated in part due to BF 2042 being a let down and the older games being on EA Play/Game Pass.

Soldato

I did the same, sold off my gaming PC and moved back to consoles due to being priced out of the graphics card market. Loving my Xbox, I've found that the older Battlefields are still populated in part due to BF 2042 being a let down and the older games being on EA Play/Game Pass.

Thrice here! Back to console..not missed the PC since!

Soldato
The number of players on PlayStation seems to be dwindling, my mate and I tried to play yesterday afternoon around 4pm (with crossplay off) and simply couldn't find a server with a decent number of players in it. I had to turn crossplay back on, which then means you're stuck getting assassinated by PC players and having to endure their utterly inane text chat exchanges.

Associate
The number of players on PlayStation seems to be dwindling, my mate and I tried to play yesterday afternoon around 4pm (with crossplay off) and simply couldn't find a server with a decent number of players in it. I had to turn crossplay back on, which then means you're stuck getting assassinated by PC players and having to endure their utterly inane text chat exchanges.
Is this the 128p or 64p modes? I can't say I've struggled to find lobbies at 128p conquest or 64p breakthrough with crossplay off - but a friend of mine on Xbox has said the same thing about finding lobbies.

He ended up installing the 'last gen' version (so playing the Xbox One / PS4 version) and keeping crossplay on as it's just console crossplay and said the lobbies are nice and full there and match making is great! So potentially that's an option?

I actually don't find crossplay too bad between PS5 and PC on this game, possibly because I tend to stick to closer range engagements vs. trying my hand at medium to long range. You're spot on about the text chat, I've got it set to 'hide' by default now so I never see it but christ it's just the most inane back and forth constantly.

Soldato
Is this the 128p or 64p modes? I can't say I've struggled to find lobbies at 128p conquest or 64p breakthrough with crossplay off - but a friend of mine on Xbox has said the same thing about finding lobbies.

He ended up installing the 'last gen' version (so playing the Xbox One / PS4 version) and keeping crossplay on as it's just console crossplay and said the lobbies are nice and full there and match making is great! So potentially that's an option?

I actually don't find crossplay too bad between PS5 and PC on this game, possibly because I tend to stick to closer range engagements vs. trying my hand at medium to long range. You're spot on about the text chat, I've got it set to 'hide' by default now so I never see it but christ it's just the most inane back and forth constantly.

Both I think, I tried a few different modes and it just stayed at the "Waiting for players" screen for ages. We tried again later in the evening and had no such issues and every match was nicely populated (albeit with a few AI players here and there) so I assume it was just a time-of-day thing, but a worrying sign even so.

And you can turn the chat box off?! I've looked half a dozen times for that option, I'll need to go look again.

Soldato
I think you can turn text chat off yes. I played a few rounds on Friday no issues finding a game. There are a lot less servers around than there were though for sure. Shame because I really enjoy it for the odd blast here and there.

Associate
Both I think, I tried a few different modes and it just stayed at the "Waiting for players" screen for ages. We tried again later in the evening and had no such issues and every match was nicely populated (albeit with a few AI players here and there) so I assume it was just a time-of-day thing, but a worrying sign even so.

And you can turn the chat box off?! I've looked half a dozen times for that option, I'll need to go look again.
So the way I did it during that first week was to pause, then go to Options, then go to Controller Mapping, and set one of your controller buttons to "Toggle Chat" (it can be one that's used for something else) Press that button in game and voila!

I remap my buttons a fair bit - so my middle touchpad button is my scoreboard toggle and then instead of long press on 'options' that was by default mapped to scoreboard, that is now 'toggle chat'.

Associate
Just got my £80 back for gold edition on xbox via

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/forms/request-a-refund

Just select " I did not make the purchase" - who did "my child"

35hrs playtime, I did stop playing back in December sometime, but still didn't expect that, especially after 4 past refund rejections, but those times I was saying the game is broken, and they were not accepting that.
You played for 35 hours and wanted a refund?? I get people playing for 4 to 5 hours and wanting a refund but after 35 hours is something I'm not sure I totally agree with.

Soldato

35hrs playtime, I did stop playing back in December sometime, but still didn't expect that, especially after 4 past refund rejections, but those times I was saying the game is broken, and they were not accepting that.

I got rejected on less hours than that but like you said game was broken, just submitted new request same as yours , let's see what happens.

Soldato
You played for 35 hours and wanted a refund?? I get people playing for 4 to 5 hours and wanting a refund but after 35 hours is something I'm not sure I totally agree with.

Playtime has nothing to do with being entitled or not to a refund(especially game like this in the state its in) for a start 35hrs in a multiplayer game is really not a lot, 5hrs of that is likely waiting on the loading screens waiting for a match, that game time was in the first 4 weeks as well, in that time since the game is still a buggy mess, no one is hardly playing it now, and seasonal content is delayed till summer.
You may not agree with it. I don't care, i'm happy I got my money back.

I got rejected on less hours than that but like you said game was broken, just submitted new request same as yours , let's see what happens.

Good luck.

Associate

I'll try this too.

I've played for 30-40 hours and it's consistently been a mess.
The last 2 times I've gone to play I've spent 20 mins in failed loading screens and quit the game and played something else.

This is NOT acceptable this far since launch.
It's actually getting worse as early on I was having fun on the basis it would get better/smoother.

I asked for a refund through app a few weeks ago and rejected so trying again through the link you provided.
Hate when they click the NOOOO button you can't appeal the decision and explain its not fit for purpose.

Ah well see what they say as bot expecting anything

Back
Top Bottom