1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 3 - Install from Disk or Download?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Aid4nTheNoob, May 19, 2012.

1. Aid4nTheNoob

PermaBanned

Hey Overclockers, asking this question on behalf of my friend.

My friend owns Battlefield 3 on origin (digital purchase), however, after a recent computer upgrade, all of his games have been wiped.

He gets a REALLY slow download speed. Like, 100-200kbs, and downloading Battlefield 3 is going to take him a VERY long time. The last time he downloaded Battlefield 3 was when he was at another house, and the internet download speed was faster.

Now, I have a disk version of Battlefield 3 which I bought from a store a few months ago, meaning the only things I had to do was to download the updates after installation. What I'm thinking of doing, is helping him out by lending him my Battlefield 3 discs, which would make his installation and download a whole lot quicker.

Now my question is, since he already has downloaded about 30% of the game, would giving him the discs mess everything up? Will he have to cancel his download in order for the install to begin? Will it even work at all?

Hope this made sense, I'm pretty tired.

2. numatic.nathan

Hitman

Just cancel the download, then install the game.

3. Aid4nTheNoob

PermaBanned

He won't have to enter a key or anything will he? Since he digitally purchased it, he didn't get a key

4. numatic.nathan

Hitman

He may have to, but if he already has an origin account linked to said key it should be fine I imagine.

5. RevBillyG

Wise Guy

He will have a key I would have thought.
    Right click in Origin and Show Game Details

6. pooley

Mobster

Install the game from disk and then origin should take it from there, it will install the updates and patches.