Batwoman

Associate
Schiits Creek is a good example of a show which has a gay main character who is very feminine, very proud of his sexuality and the show doesn't shy away from showing it. Most people have 0 issues with it because he is just a character and its all well written. Its not "look at me, I'm gay, get over it, if I make you uncomfortable thats your problem" in the middle of a show that is not about relationships and sex. Its where shows like the latest Star Trek have fallen down so badly. Its jarring and badly done. The issue is execution, not content.

very good point - a lot of untalented writers and film makers get a pass these days by simply shoe horning in topics and characters to pander to certain groups. ironically i'm sure many within those groups would also prefer "better" characters too!

Caporegime
Must be at least 3 times this season someone gets accosted in their car whilst parked at the Crow's HQ. If only they used CCTV or a guard patrolling.

Caporegime
Oh boy, the wife and I fell behind so did a marathon to finish the last few episodes. I know people in here are desperate to hear what happened, and boy did it deliver (all in the wrong ways).
  • The crows get disbanded, a good thing considering people constantly apparate 'Harry Potter style' in the car park or corridors
  • The clear as day bad guy in the Crows, turns out to be a bent copper who frequents a bar with all of this bent coppers/criminal underground
  • It's as if the writers are aggressively trying to ignore what happens in real life moments/ignore basic facts. We had the 350Z (I think) in the street car racing episode where Ryan/Batwoman said it did over 1,500 BHP
  • They managed to even top this in the bent copper bar. Side note - Luke got shot and framed by the bent Crow and so Luke went to the bar to get his justice........by embarrassing the Crow at poker
  • I may be wrong about this, but pretty sure it ends in the Crow guy turning his cards over (all 5 community cards turned over) and looks like he's just confirmed a royal flush. This would make more sense if he was bluffing/hadn't shown his card. The guy had a paid of aces - that's it and Luke implied he was cheating. Luke had a straight.......
  • If I saw that correctly - a writer couldn't even be bothered to check the hands in poker
  • Oh Kate Kane who they are too scared to kill off is in fact alive, she survived a fireball plane crash. She gets kidnapped by Black Mask and essentially doesn't have a face so they can get around not having Ruby Rose in it
  • Enigma then hypnotizes Kate into thinking she's Black Mask's dead daughter - Circe
  • Alice gets captured and finds out it's actually Kate. She performs her patented face swapping procedure, in a dungeon and the Kate/Circe transformation is complete
  • Alice finds her love interest, Ocean, again. And just as Enigma is about to give her the safety word to unlock Kate, Ocean snaps her neck! He's back to helping her find answers by the next episode. It was almost as if breaking her neck was needed to propel the story...
  • The rest of the team find out Circe is Kate and bring her in, Ryan/Batwoman warning them they are essentially letting in their enemy
  • Low and behold, Circe was playing along and knocks them all out and steals the Bat suit and all of her weapons
  • She also finds the Bat archives, incredibly dangerous weapons from Batman's defeated enemies. They are just in some side caves with a simple button to open the door and stored as about as effectively as I shove my wife's bags and shoe boxes in the cupboard next to me
  • Luke just happens to find a new Bat suit in one of these side caves (not sure how Circe missed it, considering it was just a white sheet covering an obviously Bat suit shaped item) and uses it to save the day
  • Alice finally gets caught by the police, Jacob gets framed and ousted. Oh and they are now trying to say Alice was coerced into doing all the bad things she did by Enigma
  • Kate is brought back but still looks like someone else, she goes off to find herself or something
  • The season cliffhanger............? One of those confiscated toys from the Bat cave, it contained ivy which starts rapidly growing on a beach somewhere. Duh da duh!
Still utterly terrible but it still entertains me and the wife a lot :D.

Caporegime
Christ on a bike, how is it already back for season 3? I am going to watch it, but fully expect turd grade quality with hints of so bad it's almost passable.

Caporegime
The wife and I watched the first episode last night :D. Just as terrible as before but cheesy/bad enough for a little light entertainment.

Once again, Alice is free because the show needs her front and centre as she's the only one putting the effort in. Hilarious they needed to break her out Arkham in order to take out the Mad Hatter, when fit ex Crow could have easily done it.

Soldato
Ruby Rose details the (if true) properly horrific workplace that the BatWoman set was and why she quit - https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...-nukes-executives-showrunner/?sh=5abae7302663

There's claims of both verbal & physical abuse to both cast and crew, alongside potential sexual #MeToo moments from high up bosses and multiple life changing injuries on-set etc - She doesn't hold back with her claims (again, nothing proven yet).

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Think its arrowverse fatigue really, everything is pretty much finished I believe... Flash last season next, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of tommorow, batman all cancelled now or finished already.

I think superman and lois is great though and done right so far. Stargirl is decent well it has potential, Titans and doompatrol are excellent. Naomi so far is very bleak but it might have some potential being set on an alternative multiverse earth.

I would like to see the whole DC verse rebooted and tv shows connected more with the DC movie-multiverse.

Back
Top Bottom