1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBC salaries revealed !!

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by signs, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Scam

Capodecina

Because like it or not people like seeing the same face reading the news every night.

2. KizZ

Soldato

Start up the rotors...

Just don't pay TV licence to this degenerate feminist, demagogue, cuckolded organisation. :mad:

3. a1ex2001

Capodecina

Teressa May and the entire cabinet earn less than a news reader all give up anonymity all do a stressful job. 150k is an obscene sum of money for someone reading something to a camera, it's a public service broadcaster funded by taxation none of them should earn more than the PM.

4. Lakeland

Soldato

Not to mention the huge risk to life they will have until the day they die

5. dowie

Caporegime

that doesn't require close to half a million a year, they all started at some point... let them go to ITN if they want, they're not going to be changing every month

blowing hundreds of grand extra in licence payer's money because you think people like seeing the same faces every night is a pretty dubious use of money though it is likely that sort of attitude that has lead to this. I don't see why they need to 'compete' on that basis, the news ought to be about the quality of news they provide not the familiarity/celebrity of the person reading/presenting it. They are a public organisation and personally I don't think they ought to be competing with commercial broadcasters with regards to every aspect of broadcasting, especially not over extraneous areas like that.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  6. V F

Capodecina

Quality of news, you're a laugh, dowie.

7. a1ex2001

Capodecina

Something that just occurred to me on this is why is the media focus entirely on raising female salaries to match the men's why not bring the men's down to match the women's they are all getting plenty!

8. Destination

Capodecina

Nick Grimshaw is on the list.
    He is already being paid a large amount.

9. Destination

Capodecina

I agree in part, huw, fiona a d george were all on the list, yet Clive who was reading the news the night of the announcment isn't on the list.
    It is true that some of them have other roles at the bbc in addition to reading the news, special broadcasts, antiques roadshow etc, but if I was Clive I'd be smarting a bit.

10. Drizmod

Wise Guy

Probably because its illegal to make changes to your pay packet solely based on gender which is what you are asking for

11. antijoke

Caporegime

Noticed a lot of c tier news presenters on BBC breakfast, wonder if there's trouble behind the scenes.

12. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Drum up some news where there is none.

It's the start of the school holidays. A lot of the regular presenters across the BBC take time off now.

13. doodah

Capodecina

Just seen what Ant & Dec earn, hahaha these figures are pittance.

14. antijoke

Caporegime

Well they are quite the hot property though to be fair to them, and have been for years. They also do a lot of TV shows.

15. Hotwired

Soldato

An example to the people who think it's ok to let the better presenters leave?

When the decent ones are not there you then get to see what worse presenting looks like.

16. doodah

Capodecina

Agreed but did not think the difference would be that much, nor they event earned that much.

17. Scam

Capodecina

I know. My point was he's an annoying, untalented muppet.

18. antijoke

Caporegime

Possibly correct, I'd never seen the Sunday presenters before.

19. MooMoo444

Caporegime

Nick Grimshaw :S They should pay me to listen to him!

20. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Radio 1 is aimed at young adult listeners.

How old is everyone here that hates Nick Grimshaw? I don't really have much of an opinion about the man as I listen to 6 Music or Radio 5.