Poll: BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Who should win BBC Sports Personality of the Year?

• Andy Murray

Votes: 26 11.3%
  • Bradley Wiggins

Votes: 112 48.7%
  • Ben Ainslie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Hoy

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • David Weir

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Ellie Simmonds

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jessica Ennis

Votes: 34 14.8%
  • Mo Farah

Votes: 25 10.9%
  • Nicola Adams

• Rory McIlroy

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Sarah Storey

• Katherine Grainger

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
Caporegime
It's an odd one this year. Some great one off achievements and then people like Hoy and Ainslie.

Murray has been great this year, Rory even more so.

Just how do you choose between them all! :(

Soldato
I've got to go with Wiggins. I've never watched the Tour before but his win was absolutely fantastic, and then another Olympic gold medal makes his year even more special. Yes, the other Olympians have been awesome, but it's not the first time we've had gold medal winners at the Olympics. Of course Rory and Murray have had a great year too, and as Morba said, how can you decide between them. Well I have, and I've gone with Wiggins :).

Man of Honour
Tough one this year but for me Bradley Wiggins or Jessica Ennis

Murray's great achievement but let's wait for that Wimbledon win.

Would you like me to make this a poll?

Andy Murray
Bradley Wiggins
Ben Ainslie
Chris Hoy
David Weir
Ellie Simmonds
Jessica Ennis
Mo Farah
Nicola Adams
Rory McIlroy
Sarah Storey
Katherine Grainger

Caporegime
The more I think about it the more I think Wiggins or Ainsley should win it.

Jess was amazing and will inspire many girls to take up sport I hope. The disabled one will do the same I hope for their respective fields and hopefully bring more recognition to the hard work they put in.
Mo, well, amazing but who didn't expect it?
Ainsley has been the best for 16 years. 16!!! There is nothing stopping him winning next time either other than his own desire.

The tour - one of the hardest races for a person to undertake surely, add on the olympics.
16 years of greatness.

Bloody hard choice!

Associate
Got to be Wiggins if only for winning the Tour. If you include Olympic gold and the other races he dominated this year its difficult to argue. Having said that I wouldn't complain if Ennis won. Only downer for Wiggins is that he's a recluse and doesn't get on well with the press, plus I'm sure the BBC have it in for Sky! :p

Soldato
Why can't there be more than one this year? It's a special year, and there are far too many that really deserve it, to leave them out.

If I had to vote, it would be between Hoy, Higgins, Farah or Murray. But this is one vote that is simply too hard. :(

Soldato
Ainsley has been the best for 16 years. 16!!! There is nothing stopping him winning next time either other than his own desire.

He retired from Olympic sailing this morning to focus on the Americas Cup. :p

Has to be Wiggins, though plenty of this year's candidates (including Wiggins) deserve lifetime achievement awards after they retire.

Back
Top Bottom