• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

[BBC] The great graphics card shortage of 2020 (and 2021)

Associate
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55755820

I think this is the first time I've seen a major news outlet cover the shortages of graphics card (seen tons mention PS5s and Switchs). Even the tech sites seem strangely quiet on the matter, some are even talking about what to buy for new builds and only briefly mentioning the absolute dire situation right now.

The tech press don’t want to talk about it as Nvidia / AMD don’t want them to and they are scared they won’t get samples to create content with.

Nvidia claims it’s a demand problem and they are selling more then the Turing launch, funny they don’t compare it to Pascal or Maxwell as a RTX 2070 would give GTX 1080 performance but for more money. So what’s the point in upgrading.

the RTX 3000 is a compelling upgrade (what Turing should have been) but the MSRP’s are complete fabrication so performance per £ isn’t great.

Caporegime
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55755820

I think this is the first time I've seen a major news outlet cover the shortages of graphics card (seen tons mention PS5s and Switchs). Even the tech sites seem strangely quiet on the matter, some are even talking about what to buy for new builds and only briefly mentioning the absolute dire situation right now.

This article is an example of the BBC not having a clue and relying on equally clueless people for their information not because they know what they are talking about, but because they fit a check-box demographic and are popular culture amongst collage aged people.

Female: Check
Exotic sounding name: Check
Barely an adult: Check
Able to use words: Check

Last edited:
Associate
This article is an example of the BBC not having a clue and relying on equally clueless people for their information not because they know what they are talking about, but because they fit a check-box demographic and are popular culture amongst collage aged people.

Female: Check
Exotic sounding name: Check
Barely an adult: Check
Able to use words: Check

I dunno man, it actually seemed like a good summary for the layman.

Back
Top Bottom