be quiet!:Red Ryzen(1600) Vs Blue Core (8400) - GTX 1070 SLi...?

Soldato
I have an account with distributor and was cheaper haha - but also wanted to keep it a fair level fight - plus if anything smokes i can post it down south to gigabyte RMA haha *touch wood*
gutted i sold my delidder tool- doesn't need it but would be fun to try it out on the 8400 hahaha

Makes sense there then :)

Would also be interested to see your thoughts on the case.

Associate
It’s like Christmas is coming when the boxes of goodies turn up it’s one of the best bits of building, getting the boxes stacked up and ready to go

Soldato
OP
It’s like Christmas is coming when the boxes of goodies turn up it’s one of the best bits of building, getting the boxes stacked up and ready to go

Haha, indeed, on top of my Parvum case is the i5 8600k which I think I'll send back .

Managed to take some quick snaps of the Pure 600, was quite surprised. Is lighter then I thought and also a little longer which really makes that glass window stand out compared to other midi cases with glass

Soldato
OP
gone are the days i could do fancy shots or ones without toys, kid or stuff in the back ground

r3fU3e1.jpg

LE1wP5q.jpg

Top panel and front are plastic , so case was lighter then what I'm use to but feel wasn't cheap and colour matched the black painted metal parts and darkened tempered glass just nicely :)
vyFZDS7.jpg

That glass window is nice and long compared to a more square like NZXT s340 and Corsair 460X
I like it, wide screen effect
eIrfmJE.jpg

Build quality is good ! My son test out the power button and fan toggle many many many many many times , and hasn't broken - German engineering at work
dGwWDik.jpg

hc5b2xp.jpg

Child proof ! And pretty
J3j8A96.jpg

Semi modular , son likes the quality of braiding
yxPkbcg.jpg

Plenty of room in the back, also extra large tray cut out- boards like Asus ROG and Gaming 7 with a backplate my look cool if a Back Window could be installed - stock has a metal panel with sound dampening material on it :)
ITdpCo5.jpg

Normally install the PSU to draw fresh col air but safety liable on the other side , so sunny side up it is :) looks nice with the orange
R1Iup2s.jpg

Thing is huge for a midi case- in a good way :)
Just a shame there wasn't a bottom 120mm fan mount as plenty of room .
Case makes a good point for its self if you want to do custom water loop :)
Edfka9M.jpg

Can see the smart design for the front cages to allow 30mm 360 rad and fans to slip in the top with keeping the cage in- if you want 360 at the front though it's got to come out
Rc4N7qz.jpg

PCIe slots are protruded into the case- more expensive for manufactures to produce then just using one flat sheet - and does allow you to get gets such as cooler master vertical GPU mount kit with a little but of modding to get a card vertical
ObMzdg9.jpg

HDD tray set up is a nice feature , would have been cool to have mounted them vertically as well, but that's just me
240 Silent loop looks a bit lost haha
zX2WyTj.jpg

States 280 AIO wouldn't work but I think k with the right motherboard with heatsinks a little lower , it might work. Got a spare Alphacool 280 ST I could line it up with
cMmdaC2.jpg

Preferring with lid installed to a naked top :)
ujQ3zbC.jpg

Mouse is optional extra
RgLegpj.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You can tell even from the pictures there is ample amount of space, you are right it’s really good for a midi

Seems from a few reviews of adding a 30mm rad to the front with HDD mounts in place - easily fit a Monsta Rad in there if racks are removed which is pretty cool .

Just a shame , 5mm taller and 280 AIO would have fitted fine at the top.

Soldato
The case looks pretty nice.

Only 2 things I would say about it though, after looking about at a few possible cases myself I really prefer the ones with shrouds over the PSU and bottom of the case to help tidy this area up...also I much prefer a case without the drive bays...who uses CD drives these days?!

Soldato
OP
The case looks pretty nice.

Only 2 things I would say about it though, after looking about at a few possible cases myself I really prefer the ones with shrouds over the PSU and bottom of the case to help tidy this area up...also I much prefer a case without the drive bays...who uses CD drives these days?!

True, it dismounts which is nice. And if your hard into water set up then you be rocking an aquacomputer aquaero :D
Or with a user that I recommend the case to with Aorus card - VR set up with HDMI pass through at the front and internal HDMI on the card means its easy to plug and play your Headset :D
Thing with me for shrouds is your either given it or not..... dont get much choice on the matter . Some PSU's like Super Flower that have the lit up cable connections really need to be on full view :D But yeah for $4 would have been nice to have included an L shaped metal/plastic shroud

got some spare Phanteks halo rings - not sure if just to attach one to the rear fan - or add 2 to the AIO or 2 to the front 140s ...

might add one to the PSU...mmmmm

Soldato
True, it dismounts which is nice. And if your hard into water set up then you be rocking an aquacomputer aquaero :D
Or with a user that I recommend the case to with Aorus card - VR set up with HDMI pass through at the front and internal HDMI on the card means its easy to plug and play your Headset :D
Thing with me for shrouds is your either given it or not..... dont get much choice on the matter . Some PSU's like Super Flower that have the lit up cable connections really need to be on full view :D But yeah for $4 would have been nice to have included an L shaped metal/plastic shroud

got some spare Phanteks halo rings - not sure if just to attach one to the rear fan - or add 2 to the AIO or 2 to the front 140s ...

might add one to the PSU...mmmmm

I get your point, there is still some use for them I guess.

Where are you at with regards parts now, have you got most things now for a Ryzen vs 8400 build or still waiting?

Soldato
OP
I get your point, there is still some use for them I guess.

Where are you at with regards parts now, have you got most things now for a Ryzen vs 8400 build or still waiting?

still awaiting - the CPU is meant to turn up on the 18th, the 8400 that is - selected budget shipping !
used a site for the Red Vulcan ram i've never used before , should be turning up today ...... thought it would match well with the red sockets on the Gaming 3 and Grey for the Intel board :D

Associate
still awaiting - the CPU is meant to turn up on the 18th, the 8400 that is - selected budget shipping !
used a site for the Red Vulcan ram i've never used before , should be turning up today ...... thought it would match well with the red sockets on the Gaming 3 and Grey for the Intel board :D

All about the colour coding adds extra fps ;)

Soldato
OP
seems a bit of a change to intel motherboard - some how just like the ram, the HD3 is on back order- so bumping up to this

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £136.99
(includes shipping: £0.00)

still has the same VRM count and pretty much the same as the HD3, HD3,SLi & Gaming 3 - should keep the owner happy since theres a slight bump in Audio and was a few coins more - just means got to order another Red ram kit as my OCD will kick in haha- should arrive next week , so least one system will be up and running !

question is, so i return the 8600K .... or flog it was what i bought it price on MM since its gone up...mmmm

and then this happens, grey kit secured!

Total: £149.99
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
And some parts arrived end of the week :)

9OdCTNq.jpg

Total: £645.36
(includes shipping: £10.50)

Both systems with 250GB SSD for OS and bench marking software , 2TB HDD for games or what ever :)

After getting messed around with the red ram , went for 8 Packs 3200 kit. Saw it can be pushed to 4000hz so thought would be perfect for testing out different ram speeds with the i5 to see best pricing to ram speed for it, and then see how far I can push the Gaming 3 speed wise or timing wise with the kit :)

Soldato
Excellent! So is that all the parts you have been waiting for now then?

My CPU, Ram & SSD should be arriving today so I can be building up my Ryzen system today :)

Back
Top Bottom