be quiet!:Red Ryzen(1600) Vs Blue Core (8400) - GTX 1070 SLi...?

Soldato
OP
cool it will be good to see results on the 1070ti to see how it performs. which one u getting?

Got Gigabyte G1 for £410 , but that's if the order will be processed , couldn't resist the order but it's 50/50 to be honest with that site . And RMA is useless with them or non existent so least can be mailed to Gigabyte directly haha

Soldato
OP
which site

One that compares to big general e-sellers and tries to beat the price . Can't list on here, but if item goes out of stock by someone whom buys directly, you get told after the estimated delivery date is missed then takes ages for a refund :/
Couldn't resist the price , so thought I'd give it a shot, did it once with Asus Strix 1070 and had to RMA the unit, Asus is a pain so can't deal with them directly so took months of fighting to get it sent off :/
Got my eye on this though as a back up

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £488.99 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Associate
One that compares to big general e-sellers and tries to beat the price . Can't list on here, but if item goes out of stock by someone whom buys directly, you get told after the estimated delivery date is missed then takes ages for a refund :/
Couldn't resist the price , so thought I'd give it a shot, did it once with Asus Strix 1070 and had to RMA the unit, Asus is a pain so can't deal with them directly so took months of fighting to get it sent off :/
Got my eye on this though as a back up

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £488.99 (includes shipping: £0.00)

that's shocking. I just got asus strix 1080ti gonna take cooler off for a water block which will void it' warranty hope it doesn't die

Soldato
OP
cool i will be like a dentist haha. I carnt wait to get this beast installed.

wud u change the asus back plate for ekwb 1 or not?

You've paid a lot of money for a strix card with RGB, I got Phanteks so I could keep it and plug in RGB. I think now it's easier to mount their block with stock backplate. Keep it !

Soldato
OP
And the 1070ti Arrives, will try and take some snaps tomorrow , get it installed. Bench on the Ryzen system and then strip down for thermal Grizzlie

Box to a battering. Must say, PCB and design is so tiny to Aorus and Strix cards haha

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Quick super unigine run on Ryzen 1600 @3.9ghz/3000hz system

d6B1BlY.jpg

PlypLD1.jpg

8YZp7DA.jpg

Reminder of Vega 1080p running Turbo mode

lyiraxh.jpg

1070ti has the higher lower frame rate but lower highest frame rate, and Vega 56 is the other way around (on turbo mode). Both have the same average frame rate - 29

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you test the results at a higher resolution?

Good to see the Vega coming out on top slightly. Will be very interesting to see how the 8400 changes things.

I am very happy with the 1600 I got and in recent reviews it seems overclocked it does hold its own against the 8400 as most other benchmarks have the 1600 at stock.

Soldato
OP
Did you test the results at a higher resolution?

Good to see the Vega coming out on top slightly. Will be very interesting to see how the 8400 changes things.

I am very happy with the 1600 I got and in recent reviews it seems overclocked it does hold its own against the 8400 as most other benchmarks have the 1600 at stock.

Tested the Ti at 1440p and Vega on 4k with other benchmark tools. Will get around to doing some of those later, have paid copies so don't have to sit through demos which takes up a lot of time haha.
Looking forward to jumping on the 8400- to be honest at its current price, Ryzen is the better choice, if you can get it at £170... Stunning

I'm half tempted to get the i3 8100, just to see if it bottlenecks.

gaming 3 is actually holding up very well at 3.9ghz, VRM temps aren't to bad, is a bit of coil whine but this is a budget board with fewer VRM then the Aorus versions and pumping some volts into it !

Back
Top Bottom