Be Quiet Straight Power 11 550W review

Associate
Hi everyone.

I was recently given the opportunity to test and do a review on the Straight Power 11 550W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply from OCUK,these are my own honest thoughts.

My system:
i7 8600k @ 4.8ghz
Asus Gtx 1070 overclocked and shunt modded.
16GB ddr4 @ 3400mhz
Asrock pro 4 MB
magicool pump 1x360 radiator and 5x 120mm fans
3 x SSD
2x xenon lighting strips
Straight Power 11 550W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply (previous PSU EVGA 550 Supernova Gold )
Lian Li dynamic case.

The PSU comes nicely packaged in a sturdy box with quite an array of modular cables to suit any PC enthusiast ,a booklet for the PSU as well as 2 power leads (one with an EU plug and the other with a UK plug) and some Velcro straps holding all the leads in a bunch.

qKHsM97.jpg.png

All the leads have the popular black sheathing we see on most PSU's nowadays altho new to me was the 5 pin power plug BeQuiet use on the PSU for the peripheral leads,never seen those before.

oyXam5s.jpg.png

a very 'clean' looking power supply with one of Be Quiets own fans providing any cooling needed

pJ0X0VR.jpg.png

a nice handy chart on the back of the box showing various cable lengths and types.

kCjPBbE.jpg.png

All installed and ready to go.

TEUUQ2H.jpg.png

Gf0qZon.jpg.png

ok so its always a bit nervous when you install a new part in your lovely working system but test we must and a push of the power button had the PC boot up as normal.

the first thing I noticed was how quiet the PSU is,the fan spins slowly but produces a small breeze,i don't know whether the fan spins quicker as the PSU heats up because I have never seen it go any faster,maybe a testament to the new build style of this psu (the internals have no wires,it is all hard wired circuitry internally and very clean looking)

So first thing to do after making sure everything is working as before was to do a hard cpu and gpu benchmark using furmark and Kombuster to stress the cpu and gpu and load up that PSU.

60 mins of testing later and everything worked well and the scores were well within margin of error compared to my previous EVGA 550 Gold supernova with the added bonus of it being totally silent.

The PSU stayed totally cool to the touch and silent all the way thru the testing and over various long gaming sessions despite having some warm weather here at the moment.

I must admit if I'm honest I was a little sceptical changing power supply brands because I have always had EVGA ones and part of me was saying just review it and change it back for the EVGA one but after a week or so of hard use and the pc being left on for 7 days straight I'm keeping it installed and my EVGA will go in the spares cupboard as a backup.

BeQuiet have a 5 year warranty on this power supply so if that doesn't mean they stand by their product I don't know what does.

All in all a very pleasant experience for my first time using any BeQuiet product and I think I will be looking for some new fans now I have heard how quiet the one in the PSU is.

My only concern is the price,altho there is no doubting the quality of the BeQuiet power supply its nestling in some good market company,which beat it on price.

pro's : silent,cool,a lot of power leads,5 year warranty,excellant performance.
cons: maybe a tad pricey.

Back
Top Bottom