Been afk for 2 years+

Associate
Hi guys, ive been away from the pc scene for along time, but i figure it might be time, to build myself a new PC, im looking to spend around 800 quid (i have a tft monitor) maybe a little more. The system will be purely for gamming. Ive been reading around, abit but dont know which is a good cpu to get atm, the nv 8800GT/X seems to be a good gfx? unless theres anything better...

Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
i presume:

wants new build
budget: £800 (has tft)
Use: gaming

confused about cpu decision - due to new processors and quad cores popping up since he has been awol

looking at the 8800gt/x as it seems popular for gfx

Spec him a system ( if it wasn't that i am in the same position i would help further lol)

Soldato
I've been looking at this and it seems your best bet is to wait for the new Intel Penryn CPU's out in late January, as this will drive the current prices down and will offer speedier stuff if you can afford it, and Nvidia's 9xxx series is also around in the first couple of months next year so your best bet is to put your money back in your wallet and wait. ;)

Associate
Yeah if you've got a budget like that you should be able to fit the new GTS in it which will run faster than the current GT and probably faster than the GTX. And even though the Penyns will be faster (and more overclockable :)) like all things when they're new they'll be expensive, so like alexthecheese said you could wait until the new cpus have driven down the price of the older ones

Back
Top Bottom