Beers of the World 5 - Round Z

Soldato
Hi everyone,

Rules: Beers of the World - Mk 5 *** RULES AND SIGNUP HERE ***

Z - Zoological - Must have an animal on label or in the name
Bonus pts - 3 pts if your beer has a mythical creature in the image (Brewery logo's do not count)

Leaderboard

SBrXbpF.png

A win for @weringo, congratulations. Check your email.
You will also start the next competition on -5pts because there are always side effects with drinking.

Thank you to everyone that entered, hope your horizons have been broadened.
I'll post some stats later on.

Entries

AjTQ1cs.png

Quite a few re-submissions as most of you decided to capitalise on the extra bonus points on offer.
A couple I couldn't quite decipher or the information wasn't available so I went with best fit.

Beers of the World will be back for Round 6 (ish) next year

Soldato
OP
Crocodile Tiers from DEYA. I really enjoyed this DIPA, soft mouthfeel and you don't realise its 8%. Would definitely have it again. 4.21 on Untappd and well worth it.

cBPBfCH.jpg

Soldato
Argh! I’ve got that super cold, so I’ll blame that for my terrible decision.

I reentered my A beer, which I feel is apt. We’ve come full circle!

Well done @weringo , if you’re in Shoreditch during the last weekend of November, send me a trust and I’ll buy you a pint!

D39-BF80-B-3-ACF-485-F-B98-C-24-CCD94-E6-FDB.jpg

Soldato
Well done to all (esp @weringo ) and many thanks to Mark for hosting.

It's the first year I've entered and I'll definitely do it again.
I've still got a lot of my entries to drink and the ones that I have already had, have been an education to say the least. Some where nice, others beyond disgusting. My Holiday entry was Christmas Bomb! that set me back £13.90 :o It was truly awful but I downed it because it was £13.90 :cry:

Anyway, my final entry was this, but I'm in no rush to open it...

zm4dF8x.jpg

Soldato
OP
Stats time!

291 beers were entered

Most Common Beer: King Queen Knave (Pressure Drop)
Most Common Brewery: BrewDog
Most Common Style: Sour

Top 10 Highest Rated beers.

CcT9YmN.png

6 of the 10 were from @weringo

Top 10 Worst Beers

nDW1Chf.png

Hardly surprising that half of these were No Alcohol.

Top 10 Strongest beers

aE1ags2.png

I think @Repta has a preference here, but all are well rated too.

Last edited:
Soldato
This was my entry for round Z:

XvJefMV.jpg

My original entry was the same as my round X but like many others I resubmitted for the additional points.

Congratulations to @weringo for the win, and many thanks to @Bickaxe for taking the time to run this once again.

As for the above beer was quite well balanced for a sour but still pretty much rates as an average Brewdog beer for me and it's certainly one I would not buy again!

Soldato
OP
Great round guys, well done everyone.

@Bickaxe, would love to buy you a pint, as I'm sure some others would. What's your PayPal or other preferred method of virtual-pint-receiving?

I'll have to refuse that one thank you, what you have all done is review a bunch of beers that I may never get round to trying (especially sours but the missus now had a list) so that's thanks enough. I enjoyed seeing what people came up with.

Also, Weringo got a beer voucher for winning so it seems a little pointless to effectively return that to me.

Soldato
Awesome job organising this @Bickaxe. The bonus points were a great added element although ended up costing me a lot of money as I had to order a certain number of beers to meet the minimum delivery threshold, but had to do this on a weekly basis once the criteria was announced :p. The beer tokens were a very nice surprise so thanks for that! Would love to chip in for a beer advent calendar or something as a thank you for your hard work.

Here was my entry for the weekend. Originally entered Pastore DDH Denari but was told by my gf that the picture is probably an eagle and not mythical, so foretunately found this one at the pub at 3pm on Saturday

20211023-144606.jpg

Well done @weringo , if you’re in Shoreditch during the last weekend of November, send me a trust and I’ll buy you a pint!

Alas I'll be away that weekend in Germany hopefully enjoying some more beers!

Soldato
Awesome job organising this @Bickaxe. The bonus points were a great added element although ended up costing me a lot of money as I had to order a certain number of beers to meet the minimum delivery threshold, but had to do this on a weekly basis once the criteria was announced :p. The beer tokens were a very nice surprise so thanks for that! Would love to chip in for a beer advent calendar or something as a thank you for your hard work.

Agreed the bonus points were a great idea.

I guess that level of effort explains why you were top and i was bottom :p

In fact, @Bickaxe in your stats, is there any kind of alternative table if you ignored bonus points to see if anything changes?

Back
Top Bottom